Samir Nasri...to Manchester United?

Dash

Manchester United is reportedly going to lodge a £20 (€22.5) million bid this week to acquire the services of Arsenal midfielder Samir Nasri.

The 23-year-old is thought to have been offered a five-year contract by the Gunners after his top quality showings last season. But he is yet to put pen to paper and confirm his stay at Ashburton Grove, with speculation abounding that his reluctance to commit reflects Arsenal's trophy drought and uncertainty about manager Arsene Wenger's transfer activity.

In the meantime, the midfielder has been linked with a controversial move to the Red Devils, who are fresh from becoming the most successful club in English football after surpassing Liverpool when they won their 19th league title last season.

Now The News of the World reports that United will make a £20m (€22.5m) move to sign the Frenchman this week.

Arsenal is believed to be anxious not to repeat the mistake they made with Mathieu Flamini - who left on a Bosman free transfer to join AC Milan in 2008 - with Nasri currently having only one year left on his contract with the club.

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/85/england/2011/06/26/2548621/report-manchester-united-set-to-lodge-a-20m-bid-to-sign

I would absolutely HATE this move but it wouldn't surprise me if Wenger lets him go. Nasri is a better player than he gets credit for and is constantly misused by Wenger.

I consider Nasri to be Man Utd's back-up plan. They definitely want Sneijder and Modric more and if both of them are still on the market I don't see why they would lodge an offer for Nasri this early.

In terms of passing ability and creativity I would say Nasri is behind the other two.

While I wouldn't mind Nasri, it is hard to imagine an Arsenal player going to Manchester United. There have been a few going the other way, but I can't remember the last Arsenal player moving Manchester.