The death of Facebook?

reno

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRkAdTflltc&feature=relmfu

The Google+ project: A quick look

Google yesterday launched its own social network in an attempt to challenge Facebook with a service that ties together all its existing sites including Gmail.

Google+ is structured in a remarkably similar way to Facebook, with profile pictures and news feeds forming a central core.

However, a user's friends or contacts are grouped into specific circles of their choosing - as opposed to the common pool of friends typical on Facebook.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2009255/Google-Plus-Search-giant-launches-social-network-Facebook.html#ixzz1QeNmEHhC

• Owner

MySpace killed MySpace. That entire site was more concerned about promoting music, events, comedians, and other things (in other words, making money) far more than it was geared towards satisfying its own registered members.

I'm sure something will come along within the next five years that kills off Facebook. There's constantly going to be sites that have new ideas that will eventually be superior to Facebook. I just don't see it happening until at least five years down the road.

Edited by JYD

I'm sure something will come along within the next five years that kills off Facebook. There's constantly going to be sites that have new ideas that will eventually be superior to Facebook. I just don't see it happening until at least five years down the road.

My thought exactly, Facebook is way to strong right now to be taken down.

Edited by ChosenOne

It can't be taken down because people already put all their stuff into it. I sure as hell won't go to another site just to find everyone I know all over again. Why go to google + when you already have everyone you know on facebook.

My thought exactly, Facebook is way to strong right now to be taken down.

facebook numbers are dropping from left to right, and there is a good amount of people who are not happy with how facebook has changed over the years. If anyone can take down facebook, its google.

facebook numbers are dropping from left to right, and there is a good amount of people who are not happy with how facebook has changed over the years. If anyone can take down facebook, its google.

Eh. It's still very popular and has grown quite a bit over the last year or two I'd say. People are always hesistant to switch. I've been on facebook since 2006, but many people refused to change from MySpace back then.

Eh. It's still very popular and has grown quite a bit over the last year or two I'd say. People are always hesistant to switch. I've been on facebook since 2006, but many people refused to change from MySpace back then.

I was one of those people who held onto MySpace for as long as possible before making the switch. I'll be doing the same here with Facebook and Google+ :P

I was one of those people who held onto MySpace for as long as possible before making the switch. I'll be doing the same here with Facebook and Google+ :P

Yeah exactly. People knew how to operate MySpace, used to the layout, tools, etc. I don't blame them. I just knew all my friends for the most part were on MySpace when I was already on Facebook.

To be fair though, I never though Facebook would be nearly as popular as it has become...ever.

I don't even use my facebook that much. I check it a few times a day, but I never update my status or write on people's walls. Sure as hell won't switch over to another site just to do the same thing.

I was on Friendster back then lol

Unless Google has a must-have feature that FB doesn't, I don't think 500 million users will switch base. And Zuckerberg thinks steps ahead to ensure FB is still the best...

Gmail is fantastic though.

I intend to keep FB as social networking site and Gmail as my e-mail system. Rather than war, they probably should collaborate together to form the most indestructible social network force ever... think to collaborate the FB and Gmail (like if you receive e-mail on Google, then you receive a message on FB letting you know, vice versa).

I don't even use my facebook that much. I check it a few times a day, but I never update my status or write on people's walls. Sure as hell won't switch over to another site just to do the same thing.

Same here. And the only reason i check here and there is because of my phone, I cant even remember the last time i logged on to Facebook via a computer.