Will Kemba Walker lead the busted Bobcats back into the playoffs?

• Owner

Simple question: is Kemba Walker the answer? Will he be the guy that leads the Bobcats back into the playoffs, right after they lose two key pieces in Gerald Wallace and Stephen Jackson?

I think he'll be an all star for the Bobcats. He's going to be great in the league and it's definitely a step in the right direction for the 'Cats. This kid went to the right team for him to be a star in this league. Great pick up by Jordan.

No they lost two big pieces on their roster but I think Kemba will be a fine starter in this league and could eventually help lead the Bobcats after they retool. Management needs to figure out what they're going to do with Augustin, maybe should deal him for a draft pick or a wing.

• Owner

I guess I shouldn't have said "right after they lose Jackson and Wallace." I know Charlotte's chances of making it are slim to none next season.

Is Kemba going to be the one that, as a franchise player, leads Charlotte back to the playoffs...someday? :lol:

He definitely has the potential to lead them back to the playoffs someday, the kid is a winner. Coming into last season Uconn was ranked near the bottom of their conference, yet he took them straight to the top with some historical performances. He has the killer instinct, he comes up big in big games, and plays with passion. Those intangibles aren't always talked about when talking about rookies, but they have some substance to it.

I guess I shouldn't have said "right after they lose Jackson and Wallace." I know Charlotte's chances of making it are slim to none next season.

Is Kemba going to be the one that, as a franchise player, leads Charlotte back to the playoffs...someday? :lol:

I doubt it considering I doubt he will ever be considered a franchise player. I like the guy and have no problems admiting that what he did this past season for the Huskies was nothing short of spectacular, but I would be very shocked if he is able to do the things that he was doing last season in the pros. He can be a good 3rd option, maybe even a good 2nd option but I would be very surprised if he is ever considered among the upper echelon point guards at any point in his career. I see him having a fairly similar career to somebody like Devin Harris. A good player, clearly a starting calibre point guard, may make an All-Star game or two in his career but when push comes to shove, he will ultimately be a complimentary piece and not one that you build aroun.

So no, I don't think that Walker will be the one to lead the Bobcats back to the playoffs, at least not as a franchise guy. He may be the emotional and vocal leader of the team, because he certainly seems to have those traits, but I would guess that somebody like Harrison Barnes, Anthony Davis, Quincy Miller, Andre Drummond, Dario Saric, or whomever they draft in 2012 and 2013 will likely be the player(s) that lead the Cats back to the playoffs as the franchise player.

The Bobcats have made so many mistakes in the draft and so on throughout the years, that they need more than just Walker to become a playoff team. They need to rebuild, become a younger team and possibly build around Walker if he starts looking like a franchise player.