Wages of Wins: Bargnani 2nd Most Overpaid Player in NBA

Bargnani was 2nd and Barbosa also made an apperance on the overpaid list, coming in at 27th

http://dberri.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/untitled3.png

Here is the entire breakdown, which is much more detailed as the single table I posted above. There are team by team breakdowns, lists of the teams who spend most wisely and all of that stuff.

http://dberri.wordpress.com/2011/07/05/just-desserts-overpaid-underpaid-remix/

I don't really put a lot of weight into something like this, but I figured it was interesting enough to start a new thread on.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

• Owner

I absolutely love how one of the comments points out an obvious flaw in the statistics, but the blogger gets pissed off and marks out most of the comment.

Yeah, Kevin Love isn't 2.7 times more valuable than Rose. Sorry.

I know there are flaws, but that's a huge one, and I'm sure there are many more.

One thing that I find interesting is that Amir Johnson came in as the 77th most underpaid player in the league. When he signed his contract last summer pretty much everybody was calling it a terrible contract and saying how he was overpaid.

Of course this whole thing is highly debatable in terms of validity considering how highly a guy like Kevin Love ranked in this, while a guy like Amare Stoudemire (who is clearly a better player than Love) was considered to be the 20th most overpaid player in the league, but if you do put any stock into this it does somewhat backup what I have said about Amir for the past 2 seasons.

I do take this whole thing with a grain of salt, though.

EDIT: And I just noticed that Calderon was considered to be the 85th most underpaid player in the league, which just goes to show how flawed this whole thing really is. I don't think it is debatable that he is, at best, the 2nd most overpaid player on the Raptors depending on your view of Bargnani.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

Any list that doesn't include Luke Walton as one of the most overpaid players is full of fail. Guys like Darko and Gordon are overpaid but at least they play and produce. Walton just sits and collects 5 million and when he does see the court all he does is build houses with his bricks.

And Collison should be nowhere on the list since he doesn't make 13 million. He makes 3 million.