Realisitc moves Orlando can make to keep Howard

What do you think are some realistic moves that the Magic can make (when the lockout comes to a close) that would convince Howard to sign a long term extension with the team?

They don't have many assets to work with, but the uncertainty around the CBA could potentially help them (or it could put the final nail in the coffin) make moves to get Howard to stay.

Or do you think that there is literally nothing the Magic can do and he is gone next summer regardless?

• Owner

Jameer is the key...and being able to get rid of Gilbert Arenas (with an amnesty clause) is also huge, but not necessary to reconstruct the team.

If Orlando can use the MLE to get JR Smith (he'll probably get more, unless he loves the contract length and the starting role in Orlando), then get rid of Jameer for another decent player that can defend LeBron and Pierce (this could be Kirilenko, who is also a free agent, and maybe Utah wants to move away from Devin Harris, like we suspected on draft night), they can then look at Delonte West in a small sign-and-trade deal (Ryan Anderson, maybe...whoever...West isn't going to cost much).

It's a lot to put together, three big moves that can really change that team, but last season, they went nuts and basically re-wrote the team, so I don't see why they wouldn't make that attempt again.

C - Dwight Howard | Daniel Orton

PF - Brandon Bass | Hedo Turkoglu

SF - Andre Kirilenko | Quentin Richardson

SG - JR Smith | JJ Redick

PG - Delonte West | Gilbert Arenas

I don't know. Hard to say. For all of that to happen...I'd be shocked. It's not impossible, though.