Tom Brady or Peyton Manning

EastCoastNiner

Tom Brady. Peyton Manning has had elite recievers his entire career(two of them). Brady had crappy recievers and still won Superbowls and winning MVP Honors. Then when Brady was given Peyton Manning-esque recievers he broke the single season record for Most TD in a year. That's just one year with those guys. Wes Welker wasn't a pro-bowler before New England either. Moss was always a beast, but Brady rejuvenated his career. Brady is the best player of this generation.

I would trust Brady to lead my team on a single drive as well with my season on the line over Peyton Manning who was notorious for choking up until a few years ago.

Tom Brady. Peyton Manning has had elite recievers his entire career(two of them). Brady had crappy recievers and still won Superbowls and winning MVP Honors. Then when Brady was given Peyton Manning-esque recievers he broke the single season record for Most TD in a year. That's just one year with those guys. Wes Welker wasn't a pro-bowler before New England either. Moss was always a beast, but Brady rejuvenated his career. Brady is the best player of this generation.

Ben Roethlisberger has had pretty average receivers too, and he has more rings than Peyton Manning. Football is not that cut and dry.

I would trust Brady to lead my team on a single drive as well with my season on the line over Peyton Manning who was notorious for choking up until a few years ago.

The choker tag is derived from his first playoff games. It's exaggerated, and its a stigma that he's (should've) already worked off. Choke artists don't lead the NFL in 4th quarter comebacks.

Ben Roethlisberger has had pretty average receivers too, and he has more rings than Peyton Manning. Football is not that cut and dry.

The choker tag is derived from his first playoff games. It's exaggerated, and its a stigma that he's (should've) already worked off. Choke artists don't lead the NFL in 4th quarter comebacks.

I'm sorry that Peyton Manning had to put his team in a position to come back in the 4th Quarter.

And, for the person who said something about "SpyGate", it is honestly over-blown by the media, and most NFL analysts will tell you it didn't make a difference.

I'm sorry that Peyton Manning had to put his team in a position to come back in the 4th Quarter.

And, for the person who said something about "SpyGate", it is honestly over-blown by the media, and most NFL analysts will tell you it didn't make a difference.

I agree that its overblown but not that it didn't make a difference.

I agree that its overblown but not that it didn't make a difference.

I'm not even saying this just as a New England Patriots fan.

Honestly, every team does something like this, and I know that it is not an excuse, but it really didn't effect anything.

Look at the Pittsburgh Steelers of the 70's when their whole team was on steroids.

I'm sorry that Peyton Manning doesn't have an impeccable team that optimizes his opportunities, puts him in a failsafe position, and hands him the ball so he can string together an average drive and "set up" the clutchest kicker in NFL history from moderate distance, and then proceed to have his [expletive] polished by the mouths of the media for what was really a pedestrian performance that Manning could've done 5x better.

I'm sorry that Peyton Manning doesn't have an impeccable team that optimizes his opportunities, puts him in a failsafe position, and hands him the ball so he can string together an average drive and "set up" the clutchest kicker in NFL history from moderate distance, and then proceed to have his [expletive] polished by the mouths of the media for what was really a pedestrian performance that Manning could've done 5x better.

GTFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think you want me to pull out the stats for head to head match-ups when Payton Manning is [expletive]ting his pants because he's nervous about being on the same stage as Tom Brady.

I'll save you the time and tell you that he is downright awful against Tom Brady, and when the Colts beat the Patriots during the season that the Colts won the Super Bowl, Peyton Manning had one TD, so GTFO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think you want me to pull out the stats for head to head match-ups when Payton Manning is [expletive]ting his pants because he's nervous about being on the same stage as Tom Brady.

Since you love to use offensive stats in Peyton Manning's favor, do you want me to whip out the Colt's defensive stats which are on par with the New England Patriots defense?

Excuses, excuses, excuses.

Pay no mind to the rankings, because if New England's defense ever dropped out of the top, it was because of early- or mid- season injuries to important players on that defense. Study how they actually performed in each of the games.

Manning has never had a dominant defense. The ranking is trivial if the defense is getting blasted on the ground, allowing the other team to control the tempo, and not getting their quarterback the ball (field position is a bonus). You can bullsh*t all you want Jeffrey, but even you can concede that Brady has always had the superior defense (very superior) and the better overall team.

And, if we're comparing the players based on their ability and what they're able to do for you—you know, because it's a comparison topic—as opposed to debating frivolous history and statistics, Peyton still wins out. He does everything better than Brady.

Pay no mind to the rankings, because if New England's defense ever dropped out of the top, it was because of early- or mid- season injuries to important players on that defense. Study how they actually performed in each of the games.

Manning has never had a dominant defense. The ranking is trivial if the defense is getting blasted on the ground, allowing the other team to control the tempo, and not getting their quarterback the ball (field position is a bonus). You can bullsh*t all you want Jeffrey, but even you can concede that Brady has always had the superior defense (very superior) and the better overall team.

And, if we're comparing the players based on their ability and what they're able to do for you—you know, because it's a comparison topic—as opposed to debating frivolous history and statistics, Peyton still wins out. He does everything better than Brady.

You are insane.

First off, of the most important things for a great QB is to be able to throw the deep ball, and Tom Brady does that better than Peyton Manning.

Ughhh, it seems like you want to talk about the team as a whole every time you want to make an excuse for Peyton Manning, so if you want to just talk about offenses, Peyton has had the FARRRRRR superior offense throughout his career.

You know, offense is the side of the ball where QB's put up stats?

Usually if you have better WR's you'll put up better stats........

You are insane.

First off, of the most important things for a great QB is to be able to throw the deep ball, and Tom Brady does that better than Peyton Manning.

Peyton Manning on passes thrown 31-41+ yards: 69-195, 35%, 2966 yards, 36 TDs, 13 INTs

Tom Brady on passes thrown 31-41+ yards: 53-183, 29%, 2390 yards, 22 TDs, 13 INTs

Brady's numbers are inflated from the record-breaking year with Randy, the best deep threat ever. I could probably launch up prayers for Moss and he would snag it in each time.

Ughhh, it seems like you want to talk about the team as a whole every time you want to make an excuse for Peyton Manning, so if you want to just talk about offenses, Peyton has had the FARRRRRR superior offense throughout his career.

You know, offense is the side of the ball where QB's put up stats?

Usually if you have better WR's you'll put up better stats........

He's had the far superior offense throughout his career because he's also the superior player.

I don't need numbers to arrive at the conclusion. I watch him. He's fundamentally flawless. He diagnoses and dissects defenses like a surgeon, best in the league at it. He can connect with anyone on the field, anywhere, anytime, with astonishing precision. He is the one synchronizing that high-caliber offense, not his "amazing receivers that made him." On top of that, I've probably never seen a player with a more thorough understanding of the game than him... he just knows football. You can't fault that.

Edited by His Greatness

This topic is a joke in my opinion its not even close. Peyton Manning has always been the best QB between the 2 but ill admit its been debatable. However with Tom Brady coming back from surgery (same injury that killed Palmers arm and ended his career) and taking a full year off from football its not even close. Peyton Manning by FAR.

You guys are going to look like fools when Tom Brady wins his second MVP this season.

I'm not going to get started about how many MVP's Peyton Manning has because he shouldn't have won it last season, and his Super Bowl MVP was probably the biggest joke of an MVP Award that I've ever seen, seriously.

Here are Tom Brady's WR's before Randy Moss and Wes Welker came and he put up RECORD stats that Peyton Manning has NEVER put up:

Troy Brown, Fred Coleman, Jimmy Farris, Charles Johnson, David Patten, Deion Branch, Gavid Givens, Donald Hayes, Bethel Johnson, Dedric Ward, Kevin Kasper, Bam Childress, Andre Davis, Tim Dwight, Reche Caldwell, Jabar Gafney, and Chad Jackson.

This is with an AGING Troy Brown that didn't do much in the later years.

To try and use these WR's and with Peyton Mannings and try and compare stats in absolutely insane.

Did you guys miss what happened when Tom Brady got some great WR's?

He crushed multiple records.

You need WR's to put up great offensive numbers, and Tom Brady never had that luxury that Peyton Manning has had throughout his entire career.

Peyton Manning can't handle the pressure when he faces Tom Brady, and when he loses, he blame it on his O-Line. :lol: .

If you want to debate statistics, you would lose that too.

Ughhh, no [expletive].

Tom Brady has had [expletive] WR's his entire career whereas Peyton Manning has been given a great arsenal of offensive talent on golden platter.

Tom Brady with a great offense crushed Peyton Manning and his great offense in terms of stats.

• Like 1

Ughhh, no [expletive].

Tom Brady has had [expletive] WR's his entire career whereas Peyton Manning has been given a great arsenal of offensive talent on golden platter.

Tom Brady with a great offense crushed Peyton Manning and his great offense in terms of stats.

It was one one season. If we're going strictly on statistics, Brady's overall body of work doesn't even compare to Manning's.