Eagles pull stunner, land Nnamdi Asomugha

Eagles agreed to terms with CB Nnamdi Asomugha on a five-year, $60 million contract. The deal includes $25 million guaranteed.

The Eagles were lying in the weeds the whole time. The Jets are expected to turn their sights back to Antonio Cromartie, and the Cowboys will apparently keep overpriced, aging Terence Newman. The contract is more manageable than anyone could've anticipated to land this year's top free agent prize, so give Andy Reid and GM Howie Roseman a ton of credit. Philadelphia will now field arguably the best top-three cornerback depth chart in football along with Asante Samuel and Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie. They already signed Jason Babin to upgrade the pass rush.

Edited by ChosenOne

Im shocked they pulled this. Eagles are clearly fav to go to SB.

Packers are still my favorite, I can't believe how much people are over reacting about this. Eagles had to good cover corners as is, obviously a large up grade. The holes in the D are still clear ROLB MLB LOLB SS good luck stopping the run.

And they added Babin to play opposite Trent Cole. This team is going to be vicious this season, as long as Vick stays healthy they have a shot to go the whole way. Asante is going to get shipped imo, I don't see the point on holding to that contract.

Edit: And they signed Cullen Jenkins, wtf.

Edited by Simba

Packers no, Saints yes.

We'll see. I think the Saints still have something left in them. I still think GB is the favorite by a lot this year in the NFC. I'm not overly impressed with Atlanta or what they've done.

Edited by Flash