Batum Signs with French Team

According to a source familiar with the matter, Nicolas Batum signed with SLUC Nancy. The winger Portland Trail Blazers and the team will begin the season in France Pro A and the Euroleague with Nancy in the case quite likely that the lockout blocks the start of the NBA season.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/30/report-nicolas-batum-signs-in-france/

Not as significant as Deron Williams, but more interesting than Hilton Armstrong.

• Owner

Not to put a curse on Batum (being a Blazer), but I'll go ahead and mention in this topic how it's going to be interesting to see which player suffers an injury first. With more and more signing (and there will be more than just this), I guess I'm more curious how the fans will react.

I mean, I see Kobe considering Turkey, and many of us Laker fans are cool with it...but what if? Suddenly, this seems to be a bad idea.

If I was Portland, I'd be worried to death, for the simple fact that it seems inevitable with this team.

Not to put a curse on Batum (being a Blazer), but I'll go ahead and mention in this topic how it's going to be interesting to see which player suffers an injury first. With more and more signing (and there will be more than just this), I guess I'm more curious how the fans will react.

I mean, I see Kobe considering Turkey, and many of us Laker fans are cool with it...but what if? Suddenly, this seems to be a bad idea.

If I was Portland, I'd be worried to death, for the simple fact that it seems inevitable with this team.

Kobe has been playing for 15 years without suffering a devastating injury (as far as I know). It seems a bit unlikely that he'd get seriously hurt playing in a smaller, less athletic league. The only possible hiccup is that some Turkish league player might want to end Kobe's career out of spite. That would be a way to gain notoriety, after all.

For Batum, I'm not worried. Getting sent away from Portland gives him +15 to Durability.