Expectations for Evan Turner

What are your expectations for Evan Turner when the NBA resumes play again, whenever that may be?

He definitely didn't meet expectations during his rookie season as many people, myself included, thought he was quite possibly the most NBA ready prospect to come out of the 2010 draft. He didn't have a terrible rookie season as he showed glimpses here and there, but not what you would expect from a 2nd overall pick and projected All-Star.

He finished the season with averages of 7.2 ppg, 3.9 rpg and 2 apg on 42.5% shooting in 23 minutes per game. His career high in points was 23, rebounds was 12 and assists was 7 (twice).

So what do you expect from Turner's sophomore season? Are you still a believer that he has All-Star talent, or did his underwhelming rookie season make you question how good he will actually be?

I'm not going to read too much into his rookie campaign, obviously it was a struggle for him because he had to adapt to a completely different style of play. I'm not so sure he will be an All Star, but I think he has the potential to be a very good all around player.

He's at his best when he's initiating the offense, at Ohio State they used him a lot to create for others. It seemed pretty clear that he's most comfortable with pick n rolls in the halfcourt.

I don't expect a big year from him unless Philly is completely convinced he's their franchise player (or at least one of the cornerstones of this franchise moving forward). Iguodala has to be moved in order for him to have a breakout season, and they need to add more catch and shoot players to the team. It would also help if he adds a reliable jumpshot to his arsenal.

As a whole, I guess you could call the season a disappointment. He showed major improvement in the second half though.

I agree that he showed improvement in the 2nd half of the season. That was basically what I was refering to when I said he showed flashes.

As a Sixers fan, what are you, and other fans you know, expecting out of Turner the next time he plays for the Sixers?

I agree that he showed improvement in the 2nd half of the season. That was basically what I was refering to when I said he showed flashes.

As a Sixers fan, what are you, and other fans you know, expecting out of Turner the next time he plays for the Sixers?

To be completely honest, I have no idea. I will just hope for continued improvement. There are obviously a lot of Sixer fans that feel Turner and Iguodala can't co-exist, since Turner's numbers were better when Andre was out of the lineup, etc etc. I am not totally sure I buy that. I think it was just a general playing time issue. In the beginning of the season, it was clear that Doug Collins did not trust ET. As the season went on, his playing time increased, as did his performance. I expect him to play a major role this coming season, whether Iguodala is around or not. So I am hoping for the best!