Wade vs. LeBron: Who Has Had The Better Career Thus Far?

Built Ford Tough

Say both of them retired today and never played another game, who would you say had the better career between the two?

LeBron's resume:

2× NBA Most Valuable Player (2009–2010)

NBA Rookie of the Year (2004)

7× NBA All-Star (2005–2011)

NBA Scoring Champion (2008)

5× All-NBA First Team (2006, 2008–2011)

2× All-NBA Second Team (2005, 2007)

3× All-Defensive First Team (2009–2011)

NBA All-Rookie First Team (2004)

Career averages of: 27.7 ppg, 7.1 rpg, 7 apg, 1.7 spg, 0.8 bpg on 47.9 FG%, 74.4 FT%, and 32.9 3PT%

Wade's Resume:

NBA Champion (2006)

NBA Finals MVP (2006)

7× NBA All-Star (2005–2011)

NBA Scoring Champion (2009)

2× All-NBA First Team (2009–2010)

3× All-NBA Second Team (2005–2006, 2011)

All-NBA Third Team (2007)

3× All-Defensive Second Team (2005, 2009–2010)

NBA All-Rookie First Team (2004)

Career averages of: 25.4 ppg, 5.1 rpg, 6.3 apg, 1.8 spg, 1 bpg on 48.5 FG%, 76.9 FT%, 29.2 3PT%

Does LeBron's 2 MVP awards and superior statlines make up for Wade's Championship and Finals MVP or does Wade's ring and Finals MVP give him the edge in your mind?

• Owner

I can't look at those individual or team awards, because Wade would have more All-NBA 1st Teams if it wasn't for Kobe Bryant (just an example, of course).

The overall better player is LeBron, in my opinion...but, as I've done in the past, I split this discussion in half.

Who has had the greater career? Probably Wade, because championships matter in regards to greatness, and Wade isn't THAT far off from LeBron in regards to abilities.

Who has been the better player? LeBron, because he does more on the court each night.

People will sit here and talk about how Wade played the Mavericks, but it was Wade that was choking against Chicago (IIRC), and LeBron played very well in that series.

There's just too many factors when debating these types of things. Is Robert Horry better than Horace Grant? Is Steve Nash better than John Stockton? Is Kevin Johnson better than Steve Nash?

As much as I dislike the man, I'll take LeBron over Wade. He has been healthier, does more on the glass and facilitating, and he's a little harder to stop...but many (as I do) will consider Wade having the greater career.

• Like 1

As much as I dislike the man, I'll take LeBron over Wade. He has been healthier, does more on the glass and facilitating, and he's a little harder to stop...but many (as I do) will consider Wade having the greater career.

This. Id rather take LeBron, but Wade has the better career. Its like they say. It so close, but Wade's Championship puts him over.

• Like 1

LeBron. What kills Wade in the career department is his health. He missed over 20 games his rookie year (when LeBron won ROTY), he missed the biggest game of his career (up until that point) in the 2005 ECF, and he missed over 30 games in two of his prime seasons, one of which his team had the worst record in the league. LeBron has never missed more than 5 games in any season, has always been the better player (except maybe 1 season, 05-06), and has more individal accolades. He also did some brilliant things for those Cavs teams, including bringing them to their first NBA Finals with Drew Gooden or an older Big Z as his 2nd best player, and multiple deep playoff runs.

Edited by Nitro

This. Id rather take LeBron, but Wade has the better career. Its like they say. It so close, but Wade's Championship puts him over.

I disagree. I think if Wade had multiple championships, that could play a major factor, but he only has one championship. I don't think his one championship is enough to place him over LeBron, even if we are just talking about career accomplishments.