PS3 lands NFL Sunday Ticket

fish7718

Talk about a huge score for the PlayStation 3.

Sony has announced a deal with satellite TV provider DirecTV to bring the subscription service NFL Sunday Ticket to PS3 consoles.

The package includes access to up to 14 out-of-market football games every Sunday -- all in full HD -- and DirecTV's Red Zone Channel.

Sunday Ticket will cost DirecTV subscribers an extra $50, while the cost for non-subscribers is $339.95.

The NFL deal sets up PS3 as a significant sports hub. Sony offers similar services for pro baseball and hockey in the form of MLB.TV and the NHL GameCenter.

Source

When PS3 had MLB package I said meh, it's just MLB, package is nice but not all too special. This is HUGE. Being a Dallas Cowboys fan I've been trying to purchase this NFL plan for some time now, but only DirecTV customers are allowed to order it, even on broadband. Now I will be able to watch all my Cowboys games on my PS3 in glorious 1080i? Sorry 360, Sunday Ticket > Party Chat. Playstation 3 is the superior console.

This allows PS3 users to have Sunday Ticket without DirecTV, and I'm sure that it will motivate more than a few buyers moving forward having major MLB, NHL, and NFL packages available to them.

Great move. Effective counter to the PSN outage.

This allows PS3 users to have Sunday Ticket without DirecTV, and I'm sure that it will motivate more than a few buyers moving forward having major MLB, NHL, and NFL packages available to them.

Great move. Effective counter to the PSN outage.

you could already get NFL ST To Go without DirecTV starting last season

...you're [expletive]ing kidding right? first of all, the quality on PC is the same. second, 1080i is the same overall quality as 720p given the fact its interlaced. third, this shit is heavily compressed, probably maxed at 4mb/s which most internet connections won't even reach anyway, so it won't be ANYWHERE near real HD quality. 1080 HD as you like to call it is 1080p. Unfortunately, there is currently no way to achieve this unless you're in an actual studio

Edited by Lkr

I think that's a very cool option, and I hope the 360 can have that option someday. However, you can still get NFL ST without Direct TV, so I'm not sure how much value it really has.

HOWEVER, I think a lot of college students will purchase it. At college, you can't choose to have Direct T.V. or Comcast because you are given whatever the school has (usually), so having the option of purchasing NFL ST on the PS3 would be huge for college students,

I know I would buy it if it were on the 360 for 49er's games, and watching the Jets get slaughtered.

...you're [expletive]ing kidding right? first of all, the quality on PC is the same. second, 1080i is the same overall quality as 720p given the fact its interlaced. third, this shit is heavily compressed, probably maxed at 4mb/s which most internet connections won't even reach anyway, so it won't be ANYWHERE near real HD quality. 1080 HD as you like to call it is 1080p. Unfortunately, there is currently no way to achieve this unless you're in an actual studio

Trying to make a point, but it still fails.. on my 50" Vizio =/= on my iPad or laptop hookup, and TRUST ME.. many people agree. You just can't stand that the PS3 got something awesome, haha.. but HGH

Many people don't watch football alone also, are you going to have people come over and watch your laptop? Or do you want to argue semantics some more?

Huge, huge move for Sony.

Prettty much what lkr said, if the deal costs more than teh console itself, it's probably not too great

It costs less than Sunday ticket does on DirecTV, and honestly probably isn't geared towards you (young college student with no money). But there is a market.