UEFA Champions League

Sħãlïq™

His goal would've been legendary man. I kind of feel bad for him considering he won the corner and then the game ended.

Also, the Champions League quarter-final draw takes place tomorrow morning. Really excited to see what the matchups are.

Quarterfinals looks like this:

APOEL v Real Madrid 03/27/2012 / 04/04/2012

Benfica v Chelsea 03/27/2012 / 04/04/2012

Marseille v Bayern Munich 03/28/2012 / 04/03/2012

AC Milan v Barcelona 03/28/2012 / 04/03/2012

First legs to be played on March 27/28 and the Second legs will be played on April 3/4.

A.C. Milan got the worst tie matching up with Barcelona. Real Madrid got lucky with APOEL, but will most likely have to face Bayern in the semifinals.

• 2 weeks later...

Chelsea beat Benfica 1-0 and Real Madrid beat APOEL 3-0 today.

Pretty incredible statistic I ran across regarding Barcelona and Messi. Messi has scored 30 goals in his last 25 appearances in the Champions League for Barcelona.

I still think the EPL challenges them for that.

The two semis for Champions are gonna be epic though, Can't wait.

Agreed, Barcelona and Real Madrid are arguably the best soccer teams right now, but EPL >> La Liga. The Spanish League is roughly a two-team show.

Agreed, Barcelona and Real Madrid are arguably the best soccer teams right now, but EPL >> La Liga. The Spanish League is roughly a two-team show.

You could argue the same thing in regards to the English Premier League this year. While the point differential isn't as drastically different in the EPL, it's still pretty large. Man U is 5 ahead of Man City, who is 13 points ahead of Arsenal and Tottenham. In La Liga, Real Madrid is up 6 on Barcelona, who is 24 points ahead of Valencia. Both

Also FWIW, Man United got dominated by Athletic Bilbao in the Europa League. Funny thing is, Athletic Bilbao currently sits in 11th place in La Liga.

You could argue the same thing in regards to the English Premier League this year. While the point differential isn't as drastically different in the EPL, it's still pretty large. Man U is 5 ahead of Man City, who is 13 points ahead of Arsenal and Tottenham. In La Liga, Real Madrid is up 6 on Barcelona, who is 24 points ahead of Valencia. Both

Also FWIW, Man United got dominated by Athletic Bilbao in the Europa League. Funny thing is, Athletic Bilbao currently sits in 11th place in La Liga.

Yeah, that was shocking.

• 2 weeks later...

2-1 Bayern wins first leg vs. Real.

They completely deserved it. Real played so defensive and so shitty after they tied it wasn't even funny. I don't know why Mourinho always decides to do that, it always ends up biting them in the ass. (every game vs. Barcelona can be used as an example)

2-1 Bayern wins first leg vs. Real.

They completely deserved it. Real played so defensive and so shitty after they tied it wasn't even funny. I don't know why Mourinho always decides to do that, it always ends up biting them in the ass. (every game vs. Barcelona can be used as an example)

Hope Real gets eliminated...

Hope Real gets eliminated...

:(

I of course missed the game, but was a bit surprised at the result. Not sure if this is just the inner bias in me being a fan of Real Madrid or the fact that I a relatively new to the soccer world. I have a feeling it's a bit of both.

Anyways, once I received the text alert about Ozil tieing it up at one I figured it would be a draw and that the away goal Real Madrid got could potentially be the deciding factor in the second leg. So much for that.

Guess I'll finally get to see what Real Madrid and Jose Mourinho are made of in the second leg.

-

As for tomorrow's game between Barcelona and Chelsea, I'll be rooting for "The Blues."

Real and Barca are both in the same situation going home except Barca will have less rest (2 days between each game since they play each other saturday, and real has 3 days in between each)... and Real has an away goal which means they only have to win 1-0 at home and they advance. Barca would have to go to overtime with a 1-0 win.

I still think both Spanish teams will go to the final. Although Chelsea defended their asses off in that win.