Hurricane Irene to tear through Northeast.

Smitty

Northeast OTR members be careful tomorrow..shit kinda just got real. I believe the hurricane is up to a Category 3 or 4.

Prepare your houses and whatnot, you might wanna gather a few things together like water, flashlights, canned food etc. Even if you don't think it will hit your area hard, you should still be prepared just in case.

That shit better not come near me. I was supposed to move back to school on Sunday, but they moved the move-in day to Tuesday.

I'm the only one at my house for the weekend, and there was pretty much no food, so I went shopping, and regret not getting enough food. [expletive]!

Two pounds of chicken, some cans of tuna, and Elios pizza all day it is....

Edited by EastCoastNiner

its a category two and will be making landfall as a category one. northeast is being mocked again by the rest of the country for being pussies :P

It's still a big threat because buildings out east aren't built for this shit. Sorry if our buildings aren't like those forts in California.

you guys can handle snow storms but a bit of rain and wind is too much :o

Get lost troll.

I'd love to see how CA acts if they were to be slammed by a massive blizzard, something they rarely, if ever experience (I'm talking about L.A and heavily populated warm areas).

I mean, it would just be a little bit of water in a different form.

It's still a big threat because buildings out east aren't built for this shit. Sorry if our buildings aren't like those forts in California.

buildings across the US have to meet the same minimum code. buildings all over the country are just as earthquake proof as others. as for the hurricane, rain alone scares the shit out of people in Cali :P

buildings across the US have to meet the same minimum code. buildings all over the country are just as earthquake proof as others. as for the hurricane, rain alone scares the shit out of people in Cali :P

Regardless, shit is real. :wacko:

You're still my buddeh anyway <3

So rain scares people in Cali but people in the Northeast who go through blizzards are pussies? Nice logic. As far as people bugging about the earthquake I agree it was dumb. But I remember when I was in LA a bunch of years back and it started snowing. Shit wasn't even sticking and people were pulled over to the side on the highway. I was just like wtf hahhahhaa.

I just hope I don't lose power during this hurricane (which will probably happen). I'm going to be bored as [expletive].

So rain scares people in Cali but people in the Northeast who go through blizzards are pussies? Nice logic. As far as people bugging about the earthquake I agree it was dumb. But I remember when I was in LA a bunch of years back and it started snowing. Shit wasn't even sticking and people were pulled over to the side on the highway. I was just like wtf hahhahhaa.

I just hope I don't lose power during this hurricane (which will probably happen). I'm going to be bored as [expletive].

That's because CA is the state of wimps.

Not sure why people are blasting East Coast folks so much lately. First it's the panic over the earthquake. Sure that's kinda considered w/e to us in CA but for those living in an area who are NOT used to quakes whatsoever, I cannot blame them for panicking. Now it's the hurricane. Even is this hurricane downgrades by the time it reaches certain parts of the coast, it sure can't hurt to prepare anyway because you never know. Better to be safe than sorry really... some people can sure be insensitive these days.

• Like 1