Trolling in the NFL forums

Real Deal

• Owner

You guys are done doing it, simple as that.

Stop posting irrelevant topics bashing the teams you hate, and stop bringing them up for no reason at all.

Stop talking about predictions others have made over the years, because I haven't seen anyone make a significant and accurate prediction for more than one season at a time.

If it continues, I'm going to completely disable all posting in the NFL section of the site, no matter what. Activity lost? It doesn't matter.

If that doesn't work, the moderators will be advised to hand out 30-day suspensions, and those that are given the 30 days will also have their NFL forum access cut off for 90 days.

Don't start the fire, then come running to me to stomp it out. Don't continue to pour gasoline on the fire, either, because you know it hurts our reputation as a mature community at the end of the day.

There are a few other sites I can think of that will welcome this type of behavior. Makes for good activity, and that's about it. Ruins everything else.

It ends tonight.

• Like 4

People are incapable of debate without letting their emotions take control, and then everything is a bicker fest. Certain member(s) throw out personal attacks, bring up irrelevant shit, etc just to make a point and "win".

I don't see it stopping, but hopefully it can reduce in magnitude. I'll do my best not to take the bait.

Besides the stupid arguements, personal insults and off-topic convo, the one thing that annoys me about the NFL board is all the cliques involved (I don't post much in the NFL forum, but I do browse). It's bad enough when it's only certain individual members going at it, but when it become a tag-team in damn near every single thread it just completely ruins things. What's funny to me is that the NBA board, which involves more members than the NFL board during the season, runs free of most of this bullshit (besides anything involving the Heat).

Also, one last thing...fish, besides the global mod's you are the main mod of the NFL forums, but you are also one of the main reasons for this. Set a better example or give up the position.

Also, one last thing...fish, besides the global mod's you are the main mod of the NFL forums, but you are also one of the main reasons for this. Set a better example or give up the position.

Lol smh don't know what your problem is with me but it feels like every post you are in against me in someway. At the end of the day I stay out of it as much as I can, I'd rather discuss football than argue with ECN.

Lol smh don't know what your problem is with me but it feels like every post you are in against me in someway. At the end of the day I stay out of it as much as I can, I'd rather discuss football than argue with ECN.

Wtf? I don't think I've even mentioned your name or quoted one of your posts in months, and if I did it wasn't as an insult or anything. And as I said, you're like the only mod assigned to the NFL forums, so this falls partially on your shoulders, especially since you've been involved in quite a bit of it yourself.

• Owner

I'm not going to put anyone's name out there because I'm suspecting everyone knows what instances I'm talking about. Also, I'm not going to step in between the fights because, to be honest, you guys should be able to deal with it in a mature and respectful manner.

But the one thing I will do is point out that there are problems, and things that should be resolved, after so many weeks (or months) of seeing them escalate.

Let's all figure this one out together: if you're still a part of this community, you've done something right. As all of you know, I have always placed high expectations on every dedicated member here. You can say they "survived" some of the more strict years we've had on the board.

For over six years, people have left OTR because it was too strict. In a way, sure, that was a bad thing...but more good than bad, because it eliminated a lot of trolls.

So, it's not a reach for me to sit here and say that OTR's foundation is made up of contributing, mature members that are expected to be "role models" of a productive basketball community (or any sports community, for that matter). Due to the reputation I believe we've earned, I think it should be easy to put a halt to things like this without the staff interfering. A simple topic should do the trick, and I'm expecting it to work out.