WK2: St. Louis at NY Giants

Real Deal

That's why it should have been offensive. The Giants had the fist full of jersey, as shown on the replay as well.

Absolutely true. Difference was discretion. King had a fist full of jersey on an extended arm, and tugged on it, right in plain view of the referee. That's what got the penalty called, and that is called 99% of the time.

Edited by illwill21

I think about 300 yards were at Aaron Ross alone

Hahah sad, he had so much potential. If he could step up like Tramon Williams did last year for the Packers outta nowhere Giants would be scary but right now man, you look like the Cowboys defense without the crazy blitz schemes, ***but with serviceable safties*** :lol:

As for Bradford, oh man, him and Stafford are going to be like Brady and Manning Not nearly as successful as well will call them 2 of the top 5 of all time and possibly greatest ever. However I think they will have that who is better than who rivalry and we will see a lot of Rams Lions NFC battles in the future!

Speaking of Bradford, the NFL has a lot of really, really good, budding quarterbacks right now. Young ones at that. Look at this list:

- Sanchez

- Flacco

- Colt McCoy

- Freeman

- Stafford If He Stays Healthy

- Ryan

- Newton

- Kolb

- Bradford

Some are better then others, but the fact is teams are getting stability at the most important position in football. The teams with an undesirable situation at quarterback are slim. I would say only the Dolphins, Bengals, Jaguars, Chiefs, Redskins, Vikings (McNabb has looked HORRIBLE),49ers and the Shithawks. Even then, Andy Dalton can improve, Chad Henne has shown a little bit, we'll see what the Vikes and Jags have rookies waiting in the wings and the Shithawks have Football Jesus (Whitehurst).

Speaking of Bradford, the NFL has a lot of really, really good, budding quarterbacks right now. Young ones at that. Look at this list:

- Sanchez

- Flacco

- Colt McCoy

- Freeman

- Stafford If He Stays Healthy

- Ryan

- Newton

- Kolb

- Bradford

Yeah def a big reason for all the passing records being broken so early in the year, now when you say top 16 QB you are actually taking about a QB that can lead his team to the playoffs easy, but can he can lead his team to the super bowl. By the end of the year it's possible there are over 20 teams with QB's that would have been top 10 caliber not too long ago.

The NFL needs to step up and start fining teams like the Giants for the shenanigans and faking of injuries garbage that they pulled last night while St. Louis was in the no huddle. The officials can't really do anything about it, but the NFL can and should. It's cowardly, Busch-league, embarrassing, and flat out pathetic. The Giants aren't the only team that's done it this year, but the NFL needs to step up and stop this garbage. It's pathetic.

The way those chumps went down at the same time looking at the sidelines was no accident. They have been taught and told to do this from their coach.

And, even though I doubt anyone here really remembers it, I'll get it out of the way in case you do and want to troll. The Patriots did the same thing against the Colts before, and it was pathetic then, and it pathetic now.

Edited by EastCoastNiner

Redundancy redundancy redundancy.

There's really not much they can do about it as the rule stands, because nothing about faking an injury can be proven. They'd have to look into some sort of rule change for the whole on-field injury situation, such as keeping an 'injured' player out a minimum amount of plays/time.

Redundancy redundancy redundancy.

There's really not much they can do about it as the rule stands, because nothing about faking an injury can be proven. They'd have to look into some sort of rule change for the whole on-field injury situation, such as keeping an 'injured' player out a minimum amount of plays/time.

"Section 2 Extraordinarily Unfair Acts

Article 1 The Commissioner has the sole authority to investigate and take appropriate disciplinary and/or corrective measures if any club action, non-participant interference, or calamity occurs in an NFL game which he deems so extraordinarily unfair or outside the accepted tactics encountered in professional football that such action has a major effect on the result of the game.

[Article 2 not relevant]

Article 3 The Commissioner’s powers under this Section 2 include the imposition of monetary fines and draft-choice forfeitures, suspension of persons involved in unfair acts, and, if appropriate, the reversal of a game’s result or the rescheduling of a game, either from the beginning or from the point at which the extraordinary act occurred. In the event of rescheduling a game, the Commissioner will be guided by the procedures specified in Rule 17, Section 1, Articles 5 through 11, above. In all cases, the Commissioner will conduct a full investigation, including the opportunity for hearings, use of game videotape, and any other procedure he deems appropriate. "

Fine Coughlin $100,000-$250,000 and the team $500,000. I bet you they don't pull that crap again. Again, it's not just the Giants, but it was very obvious last night.

"Section 2 Extraordinarily Unfair Acts

Article 1 The Commissioner has the sole authority to investigate and take appropriate disciplinary and/or corrective measures if any club action, non-participant interference, or calamity occurs in an NFL game which he deems so extraordinarily unfair or outside the accepted tactics encountered in professional football that such action has a major effect on the result of the game.

As you admitted that it happens often, and it something that is not inherently outlawed in the rulebook, I don't believe this situation falls under either extraordinarily unfair or outside the accepted tactics. It also didn't have a major effect on the result of the game.

Article 3 The Commissioner’s powers under this Section 2 include the imposition of monetary fines and draft-choice forfeitures, suspension of persons involved in unfair acts, and, if appropriate, the reversal of a game’s result or the rescheduling of a game, either from the beginning or from the point at which the extraordinary act occurred. In the event of rescheduling a game, the Commissioner will be guided by the procedures specified in Rule 17, Section 1, Articles 5 through 11, above. In all cases, the Commissioner will conduct a full investigation, including the opportunity for hearings, use of game videotape, and any other procedure he deems appropriate. "

Fine Coughlin $100,000-$250,000 and the team $500,000. I bet you they don't pull that crap again. Again, it's not just the Giants, but it was very obvious last night.

If the Patriots and McGinest weren't fined in a late season game with playoff implications and under two minutes remaining for the same exact thing, I don't think a week 2 matchup between two pretty mediocre teams will serve as the example. Maybe Goodell warns of future punishments if it is to happen again, or maybe he changes a rule keeping a player out a specific amount of plays if an on-field injury occurs. But I doubt that the Giants take the massive penalties that you're suggesting for doing something that is relatively run-of-the-mill and typically unpunished.

As a sidenote, patsfans.com wants their post back. :lol: http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/813619-no-huddle-offense-defensive-flopping-page2.html#post2695026

Edited by illwill21
  • Like 2

As you admitted that it happens often, and it something that is not inherently outlawed in the rulebook, I don't believe this situation falls under either extraordinarily unfair or outside the accepted tactics. It also didn't have a major effect on the result of the game.

If the Patriots and McGinest weren't fined in a late season game with playoff implications and under two minutes remaining for the same exact thing, I don't think a week 2 matchup between two pretty mediocre teams will serve as the example. Maybe Goodell warns of future punishments if it is to happen again, or maybe he changes a rule keeping a player out a specific amount of plays if an on-field injury occurs. But I doubt that the Giants take the massive penalties that you're suggesting for doing something that is relatively run-of-the-mill and typically unpunished.

As a sidenote, patsfans.com wants their post back. :lol: http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/813619-no-huddle-offense-defensive-flopping-page2.html#post2695026

They made good points, so why not mention them? I don't completely agree with the fine amount that was suggested, and Goodell sure as hell won't do anything to harm his beloved New York teams, but this is turning in to soccer with this garbage.