The force out rule

The Great iBoldin

After I seen Brandon Stokley signed with the Giants today, it reminded me of his catch in Week 1 of last year. The Gus Johnson call (of course). Anyways, the play before that was Brandon Marshall almost making a tough grab in double coverage but was pushed out of bounds. Two or three years ago they get that catch based on the force out rule.

Would you guys bring back the force out rule? Or do you think it was a good idea to get rid of it in the first place? I personally would like it back.

After I seen Brandon Stokley signed with the Giants today, it reminded me of his catch in Week 1 of last year. The Gus Johnson call (of course). Anyways, the play before that was Brandon Marshall almost making a tough grab in double coverage but was pushed out of bounds. Two or three years ago they get that catch based on the force out rule.

Would you guys bring back the force out rule? Or do you think it was a good idea to get rid of it in the first place? I personally would like it back.

Honestly, I never saw why they took it out, I thought it was a very fair rule. With the new rule if a jump ball is thrown on the sideline and a corner can essentially not play the ball and just knock the receiver out before he can come in bounds...That and down by contact not being a challenge-able call i'd bring both back.