Best point guard in the NBA?

420mayne

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think it's close between Derrick Rose and Chris Paul(the only two realistic options), but I will go with Chris Paul. While he doesn't possess Rose's athletisicm his knowledge of the game is unrivaled and I feel he understands the position better while making much better decisions. He is more complete overall as a player.

Jason Kidd and Steve Nash don't exist

John Stockton? :lol:

Uh CP3, despite losing that playoff series, showed us that he can still dominate the floor offensively, I think a lot ppl have been getting on CP3 for his really low ppg production but his efficiency is off the charts, and like I said he showed us he can still take over offensively in the playoffs, he just chooses not to in regular season. Give me CP3. When you factor in everything CP3 brings he's just the ultimate package at PG I don't see how there is an argument for anyone else. A lot of choosing a better PG comes with what he does to fit into his offense. I think CP3 fits into any offense in the NBA and can only add production.

• Owner

I thought you always said CP3 wasnt good defensively? Or maybe it was someone else. :mellow:

Maybe it was me, I don't know...but I realized that was a poor word choice (elite). I meant that he was the superior defensive player between him and Rose.

I think he's a good defender, not sure if I can stick him up there with Howard, Rondo, Tony Allen, Kobe (when he's engaged), LeBron, or Deng.

I may have said that CP3's defense is overrated, at one time, and I'm not sure if I meant it was overrated by the media OR by whoever I was in a debate with.

Depending on what your looking for in a point guard if your looking for good all around vetern PG then CP3 and D-Will are the guys to look at. If your looking for exciting, young, explosive type scoring PG's with improving all around game then Rose and Westbrook if your looking for just a pure PG with vetern experience then its between Rondo, Nash, and Kidd. To me the best PG is still CP3 because he can get it done on both ends of the floor. Anytime I think of Paul I think of the 07-08 season, correct me if I'm wrong but didn't he lead the NBA in assist and steals that season and also lead he's team in scoring if I'm not mistaking. Had it not been for injuries Paul could have better numbers that what he has. And not to forget he has played with a bunch of mediocre players since he came to the league and he is usually a big reason for the Hornets being in the playoff picture. 2nd for me would have to be between Rose or D-Will.

Edited by htownborn

Andre Miller. Who's the last PG to drop 52 in a game on the road against one of the better defensive teams in Dallas? Yeah, thought so!

Tough choice...It's between Paul and Williams for me. I just love Williams' playing ability much more but Chris Paul makes mediocre players good, so I'd say Paul at this point.

Jason Kidd and Steve Nash don't exist

Nah I didn't forget about them... or John Stockton. CP3 is just the better talent.

Steve Nash shouldn't even be in this discussion, he's been in one system for the majority of his career. And based off talent alone, I think CP3 has the advantage over Kidd. Obviously Kidd had the better career, but CP3's production (Never having a season below 22 PER) is amazing. His 2008-09 season where he had a 30 PER was one of the greatest single seasons by a PG.

Just this past playoffs alone does it for me. He outplayed Kobe for the series, and Hornets relied on him to do everything. That's basically what he's been dealing with in New Orleans his entire career, his best teammate has been David West..

• 3 weeks later...