Choking/Best Team

EastCoastNiner

And I suppose Tyson's great defense, Carlisle's zone defense schemes to limit LeBron, Jet's incredible Finals performance, and Dallas' great shooting from the 3 were all products of Dirk, right?

To be fair, you could probably attribute Dallas' great shooting from three to Dirk because Miami was so concerned with him. It opened things up for his teammates because he played an unselfish game and took what the defense gave him rather than forcing it. You take Dirk out of that lineup and I guarantee that the Mavs don't shoot nearly as well from three because they don't have that magnet who draws in the defense.

Some of this could apply to Terry's play as well, although Terry did some magnificant things on his own and I wouldn't take any of that away from him.

I'm not saying Dirk won it by himself or anything like that, because he definitely didn't, but his supporting cast wasn't exactly so highly regarded up until the Laker series. They all stepped up big time in the playoffs.