NBA Players gone Overseas

ChosenOne

I figured we should have a topic to keep track of who has gone where and how they have been performing. These are all the guys i know that have gone overseas, but i haven't heard anything about how any of these guys are doing. Anybody have any updates on any of theses guys?

Deron Williams - Turkey

Sasha Vujacic - Turkey

Wilson Chandler - China

J.R. Smith - China

Rudy Fernandez - Spain

Kyle Singler - Spain

Nicolas Batum - France

Chandler Parsons - France

Lavoy Allen - France

Craig Brackins - Israel

Jordan Farmar - Israel

Adam Morrison - Serbia

Danny Green - Slovenia

Ty Lawson - Lithuania

DeJuan Blair - Russia

Jon Diebler - Greece

Chris Douglas-Roberts - Italy

Nikola Vucevic - Europe

Ben Uzoh - Fabi Shoes Montegranaro

Mario West - Tezenis Verona

Sundiata Gaines - B.C. Armia

Edited by ChosenOne
  • Like 2

Jordan Farmar - Maccabi Tel Aviv. They won a three-game exhibition series in France.

D-Will is playing well. His wrist seems fully healed. He fell on it some time ago and said he didn't experience any pain.

Ben Uzoh - Fabi Shoes Montegranaro

Mario West - Tezenis Verona

Sundiata Gaines - B.C. Armia

Six Nets from the end of last season are playing overseas. Johan Petro and Jordan Williams are considering going overseas as well.

I figured we should have a topic to keep track of who has gone where and how they have been performing. These are all the guys i know that have gone overseas, but i haven't heard anything about how any of these guys are doing. Anybody have any updates on any of theses guys?

Deron Williams - Turkey

Sasha Vujacic - Turkey

Wilson Chandler - China

(....)

Great idea! What's your source?

• 3 weeks later...
Deron Williams debuts in Turkish league

ISTANBUL -- Deron Williams scored 11 points and had five assists to help Besiktas to a 107-69 victory over Bandirma Kirmizi on Sunday in the NBA player's Turkish league debut. New Jersey Nets guard Williams -- a two-time NBA all-star -- is among a number of players from the North American league signed to overseas clubs until the end of the lockout.

Another lockout signing, Cleveland Cavaliers' Turkish forward Semih Erden, scored 13 points and gathered 8 rebounds to help Besiktas open the season with an emphatic win. Marcelus Kemp led Besiktas with 27 points while David Hawkins added 22 points and four assists.

The first two weeks of the NBA season have already been canceled.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7110744/deron-williams-new-jersey-nets-scores-11-turkish-league-debut

Lawson, Weems, Krstic, Kirilenko viewable today

Are you starved for some basketball?

You can get fed this afternoon at 2:45 p.m. EDT when Zalgaris Kaunas (featuring Ty Lawson, Sonny Weems and DeJuan Cllins) plays CSKA Moscow (Andrei Kirilenko, Nenad Krstic, Ramunas Siskauskas, Milos Teodosic) in this season’s Euroleague opener. The game will be streamed on the Web site formerly known as ESPN3.

Here is a game preview from Euroleague.net.

Two interesting stats: Krstic scored 25 points in his last Euroleague game, in 2004. Marko Popovic (of Zaunas) has made at least one 3-pointer in 22 consecutive Euroleague games.

http://sheridanhoops.com/2011/10/17/lawson-weems-krstic-kirilenko-viewable-today/

• 4 weeks later...
Batum Named Euroleague MVP For Week 4

Nicolas Batum has been named Euroleague MVP for Week 4 of the Regular Season.

Batum scored 21 points to go with nine rebounds and four assists in Nancy's 90-85 win over previously unbeaten Caja Laboral.

Batum edged out Barcelona's Chuck Eidson, who had 22 points, six rebounds, four assists and three steals in a 92-75 win over Siena.

Batum also won the award in Week 2

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/216487/Batum_Named_Euroleague_MVP_For_Week_4#ixzz1dRbIVBRD

Edited by ChosenOne

• 3 weeks later...