ALDS Discussion: Tigers vs. Yankees

Cobb

Even though Burnett is pitching well, I miss Andy Pettite -_- Random, I know, but it's the truth.

Another solid inning. If they can get through 1 more inning unscathed, it should be smooth sailing from there.

Damn, Doug Fister? If you would have told me Fister would have been pitching a meaningful game past September back in April I would have slapped you. If you would have told me that he would be doing it in game 5 of the ALDS at Yankee Stadium I would have had you committed. As for Nova, I'm not gonna criticize Giradi for starting them because I really haven't; watched the Yankees much this year. Nova seems to have pitched well and actually won a playoff game already. That being said he is a rookie and I don't know what happen to Bartolo Colon. Can't say I agree/disagree with any move Giradi has made tonight. It might have look like Nova settled down after that double but really the Tigers were getting themselves out after the double. Peralta hit a ball on the nose right to A-Rod and Santiago would have had a walk had he not lifted the bat off his shoulder. The 2 pitches he swung and missed at both missed their spots terribly just luck for Nova. 2-0 game def still winable, game 5 you gotta do what you can so the quick hook for nova is justifiable and not surprising. Good game so far :)