ALDS Discussion: Tigers vs. Yankees

Cobb

• Owner

I almost responded, but remembered it's just Matt Hubbs trolling.

LMAO, I remember that kid, but are you sure that's Matt? I thought his name was Jeff Colborn, or Derek Williams, or Mark Fortin, or maybe Jin Yu.

I wonder what Charles and Marianne would say about all this. :lol:

The Yankees have spent 202M on free agents as opposed to the Red Sox 162. With 40 more million to spend the Red Sox would be looking at a different fate as their pitching wouldn't have been such piss poor.

You're telling me that the Red Sox experienced pitching issues because they were short on money? Newsflash: your payroll doesn't represent how much money you have to spend.

Now this is wit the Red Sox. Imagine if a team such as Detroit(LOL) had 200 million to spend. Right now their sitting at 106M which gives them almost 100 MILLION to work with. Despite only having half the salary of the yankees they are WINNING. [expletive]ing pathetic that a team is able to outspend everyone consistantly every year, but it's HILARIOUS when more often than not THEY GET RAPED LMAO.

So by your logic, it's pathetic for a team that spends more money to fall to a team that spends less. Since you're representing the Sox, are they a pathetic team for losing to the Rays in the 2008 ALCS? What about missing the playoffs in 2010? How about their collapse in 2011 to the Rays, missing the playoffs once again?

Here's a lesson that it seems you never picked up: baseball goes far beyond spending. You don't buy championships. The Yankees haven't bought championships. Baseball's winners aren't all about who spends the most.

Looks like its time to overpay for more players New York, because even with 200 million you still can't compete.

The Yankees are down 2-1 the series and lost the two games by a total of three runs. I guess to you, that means not being able to compete.

I guess I took it for granted that you follow baseball outside of October. Sorry about that.

• Like 1

Typically the teams that spend the most win the most, and the teams the spend the least win the least. Obviously there are exceptions to both cases: Rays, Twins, Rockies vs Mets, Cubs, Tigers. Still seems the more you spend the better your chances. Thus why the 3 favorites for the WS this year were Red Sox, Phillies, Yankees.

Edited by fish7718

Typically the teams that spend the most win the most, and the teams the spend the least win the least. Obviously there are exceptions to both cases: Rays, Twins, Rockies vs Mets, Cubs, Tigers. Still seems the more you spend the better your chances. Thus why the 3 favorites for the WS this year were Red Sox, Phillies, Yankees.

Definitely. But a baseball team cannot sit back and expect to see wins once they've spent big dollars. The Yankees have brought up and utilized incredible talent that they developed in their farm system. They've dealt some great prospects to land big names. They've made players like Swisher and Granderson much better ball players. I'm sure the same applies to any other team.

And the fact that there are several teams putting revenue back into play makes the wall higher for any single team to walk to a championship.

As a Yankee fan, this is [expletive]ing painful. Even if Burnett doesn't give up a run the entire night, having to watch this is torture.

Nice play by Granderson, and LMAO at Girardi warming up the bullpen in the first inning with no runs on the board (although I'd probably do the same with Burnett on the mound).

Granderson was lucky to recover after getting a horrible jump (which he seems to do on every ball hit on the line at him). This doesn't look great.. how A.J. is even on this ALDS roster is beyond me. Unwilling to admit the big money mistake, I guess.