ALDS Discussion: Tigers vs. Yankees

Cobb

Good series, but my Tigers showed that they were truly the superior ball club. A team with true Heart, Integrity, and teamwork will beat a bunch of hired mercenaries anyday. I am sad that the Tigers couldn't beat the Rangers in game 1, but owning the complete shit out of the yankees has satisfied my playoff hunger.

ESPN has taught you well.

Wasn't a serious question, but Lackey was 41 with the Angels. You might want to be a little more observant with your Google searches.

He is 41 with the Red sox too, he was 40 last year, but now he's 41.

http://nimg.sulekha.com/sports/original700/john-lackey-2011-4-19-22-51-4.jpg

Yeah don't even bother arguing Red sox with me when you make false callouts.

He is 41 with the Red sox too, he was 40 last year, but now he's 41.

http://nimg.sulekha.com/sports/original700/john-lackey-2011-4-19-22-51-4.jpg

Yeah don't even bother arguing Red sox with me when you make false callouts.

What do the Red Sox even have to do with this topic?

What do the Red Sox even have to do with this topic?

Nice try Brooklyn Bound, but you attempted to call me out for not being a Red Sox fan, then calling me out for a wrong answer to your question(which was actually right), which you didn't even know. In conclusion you got owned and my baseball knowledge is superior to your own. Typical yankee fan

Nice try Brooklyn Bound, but you attempted to call me out for not being a Red Sox fan, then calling me out for a wrong answer to your question(which was actually right), which you didn't even know. In conclusion you got owned and my baseball knowledge is superior to your own. Typical yankee fan

You proved me wrong on an insignificant piece of information relating to, supposedly, your team. Meanwhile, you've been outdone in every serious argument, whether or not you were trying to get under someone's skin. You and Diesel have a lot in common.

You proved me wrong on an insignificant piece of information relating to, supposedly, your team. Meanwhile, you've been outdone in every serious argument, whether or not you were trying to get under someone's skin. You and Diesel have a lot in common.

What argument have I Been outdone in lol? Feel free to send me a link to the post or thread.

What

You're telling me that the Red Sox experienced pitching issues because they were short on money? Newsflash: your payroll doesn't represent how much money you have to spend. So by your logic, it's pathetic for a team that spends more money to fall to a team that spends less. Since you're representing the Sox, are they a pathetic team for losing to the Rays in the 2008 ALCS? What about missing the playoffs in 2010? How about their collapse in 2011 to the Rays, missing the playoffs once again?Here's a lesson that it seems you never picked up: baseball goes far beyond spending. You don't buy championships. The Yankees haven't bought championships. Baseball's winners aren't all about who spends the most. The Yankees are down 2-1 the series and lost the two games by a total of three runs. I guess to you, that means not being able to compete.I guess I took it for granted that you follow baseball outside of October. Sorry about that.

Payroll is an excelent indicator of how good your team is going to be. As a yankee fan you should know since your team year by year is always the highest. Guess which team has the highest amount of world series trophies? Oh yeah the same one!!! Coincidence? Unlikely in a league with 30 teams. The fact of the game is that high spending highly coorelates with a winning team.

Is it no surprise that the two highest spenders, being the Yankees and the Phillies have typically been the elite of their conference for the past few years? It is expected. The teams with the big bucks will always be in a better position to win. The average MLB Team spend 85 Million on player salary.

In baseball there will always be underachievers due to injuries, and other variables so shortcomings are to be expected as seen with the Sox/Mets/Chicago. The fact is when you are able to outspend the average team by 2.5 times(in the yankees case) there will always be a significant advantage over every competitor and it is a reason why the Yankees hardly have any irrelevant seasons for an extended period of time. When you have unlimited spending it is hard not to be a dominant team in a league in which most teams have a budget.

Money isn't everything but the coorelation between it and winning is nothing that can be sneezed at. Winning despite spending twice as much to a team you lost to just means you overpay for mediocre players just because you can. A poor attempt at buying a title.