DeMar DeRozan 7th Best Mid Range SG in NBA

http://www.goldenstateofmind.com/2011/9/24/2446337/who-are-the-nbas-most-valuable-mid-range-shooters

He also ranked 28th overall in the league.

I know that these rankings are hardly completely reflective of who the best mid range players are in the NBA as things like degree of difficulty, defensive attention, etc... aren't taken into consideration and nobody would take a player like DeRozan or Vujacic over the likes of Kobe Bryant if they needed a mid range jumper, but it does show that DeRozan's mid range game is very solid.

A lot of people who don't watch much of the Raptors think that DeRozan can't shoot the ball at all because he is an awful 3 point shooter, but that is definitely not the case as his mid range jumper is actually very good and has been ever since his days at USC. It is part of the reason why I think so highly of his potential as a scorer and believe that he can definitely average around 22-23 ppg at some point in his career, given the right circumstances.

Also, Andrea Bargnani ranked 2nd among centers (29th oveall) and Jose Calderon ranked 9th among point guards. I don't think either of these are really much of a surprise though, since we all know that these two are very good shooters from all over the court.

• Owner

That's exactly why the Raptors would be a much, much better team with a post threat. Hell, they shot the ball really well last season...not so much behind the three, of course, probably in the bottom five in 3PT shooting, but their overall field goal percentage was pretty good, IIRC.

I can't say they would be a contender with that scoring threat down low, because Toronto was one of the worst defensive teams in the NBA (and by looking at their roster, you'd know why), but they could be in the better half of the league in scoring, maybe top ten, with someone that can give them at least 15-20 on the low block, open up the floor for the mid-range game, and collapse the defense for a three-point shooter they can bring in.