2011-12 New York Rangers

NomarFachix

The Rangers have placed left wing Sean Avery on waivers today, almost certainly ending his second tenure with the team.

Bye Sean!

Also today, the Rangers learned that forward Dale Weise has been claimed on waivers by the Vancouver Canucks. Weise was among the Rangers’ eight cuts on Saturday and he would have been re-assigned to Connecticut (AHL).

This really sucks, especially with Avery leaving.

• 2 weeks later...

Is the ice at MSG always this crappy? It seems like every game I watch that is played at MSG always features absolutely terrible ice conditions. I was just wondering if I have bad luck when watching games or if it is always like that.

I'd imagine it is usually pretty poor considering the fact that the ice is likely taken out more than any other arena in the league.

I guess that the "We Want Avery" cheers got through.. put on recall waivers. It was honestly getting ugly for a minute there, and there is no possible way that he'll be worse than what Erik Christensen has provided.

It also signals bad news on Mike Rupp's knee, which is unfortunate.

http://i44.tinypic.com/28k80lh.jpg

6 game winning streak. Awesome. Duby put in his first of the year, hopefully a moment changer for him. Everyone played great, Avery put one in too.

Girardi doesn't get voted to the all-star team. Shameful.

Edited by illwill21

• 2 weeks later...

The Rangers have picked up very few wins against playoff teams. They have won only 4 or 5 games or so against playoff teams.

Had a nice three-piece win over WAS/PIT/PHI a few back. Played the 2nd fewest games in the league, but we've beaten who's been placed in front of us. Struggled mightily with speedy teams, especially with a few guys banged up and fatigued. But can't complain about the body of work.