Let's See How Smart OTR Is......

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm sure it would've fooled more people if you slipped a minus sign in there about 3/4 of the way through the equation, lol.

No, I think Dee ruined it by giving her reasoning. If she didn't, I think more people would have given a different answer. I got this from another site, and it made me realize that our country is in trouble.

• Owner

No, I think Dee ruined it by giving her reasoning. If she didn't, I think more people would have given a different answer. I got this from another site, and it made me realize that our country is in trouble.

I'm sorry, but if people don't remember PEMDAS, that's terrible. Teachers are showing students how to work these problems in the third grade today (my girlfriend subbed for a third grade teacher last year, before she got her teaching job, and she was doing it then).

• Owner

I can't tell if people are serious when they say 28

It'd be 28 if it was 2+2+2...... + (2x0), but since the x 0 isn't in parenthesis, it applies to the whole equation

Multiplication and division happen before addition and subtraction, regardless if it's stuck in parenthesis or not, and no matter where that part of the equation lies.

From left to right, you look for the parenthesis and exponents, solving for them first. Then, left to right, solving for multiplication and division (in this case, the 2x0 section). Then, you go left to right, addition and subtraction.

• Like 1