Let's See How Smart OTR Is......

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

No, you said that they'd go 12-4. You said that IF you were more conservative (which the world of OTR knows you aren't), you'd pick 9-7. They went 6-10. Not close. 6 game differential.

Not a single one of them was from after the season. Re-read.

wut

The point is that your prediction was wrong. Your feeble defense mechanism of "closer than you would have been" doesn't work. Wrong is wrong. 19-0 is not close to 14-3 or 4-1.

You hyped the Red Sox just as much as you did the Patriots. Red Sox in the world series, Pedroia getting another ring, S-T-A-C-K-E-D, Red Sox will win the division by at least 8 games (went on to lose it by 7, 15 game swing there hun), Red Sox are the Yankees' daddy for the next decade or more, raping teams and no competition, too good for the rest of the league, Boston is too good/sit down New York/ZOMG i'm so confidentz, bend over Mariano, just another walk in the park.. yeah, totally sounds like you weren't hyping the Red Sox at all. Barely hyped them at all.

It is entirely irrelevant to the discussion we're having. Solve it yourself. Or, I can go dig up the rest of your posts that I left out pertaining to the Red Sox, and we can get a more accurate post per day of the season count?

1. That's perfectly fine. That's a much more reasonable and accurate answer than you have given before.

2. Yes, I thought there were 11 post total, and not 11 just on the Red Sox, so you're right. Only nine of them were from during the season. Two of them were from December.

3. Yes, it is wrong, but I don't get why you're so hung up on that point? So, are you pretty much wrong about 99% of everything then? Let me check the record predictions you have made over the past few years. They'll probably be just as wrong as mine if we're going for 100% accurate records. If you're point is that my "bold" predictions are wrong, then I guess I understand your point, but it's still a stupid point.

4. No, I did not hype the Red Sox as much as the Patriots. Again, I barely talked about them.

5. No, it's not entirely irrelevant to the discussion. You want it to be irrelevant because you know the exact reason I am asking you the question.

3. Yes, it is wrong, but I don't get why you're so hung up on that point? So, are you pretty much wrong about 99% of everything then? Let me check the record predictions you have made over the past few years. They'll probably be just as wrong as mine if we're going for 100% accurate records. If you're point is that my "bold" predictions are wrong, then I guess I understand your point, but it's still a stupid point.

Because when you're wrong, you flip shit on other people to make yourself feel better. "Yeah, well I was closer than you would have been". Doesn't matter, because what you said was wrong. Man up to it. Say "I was wrong."

4. No, I did not hype the Red Sox as much as the Patriots. Again, I barely talked about them.

Liar on both counts.

5. No, it's not entirely irrelevant to the discussion. You want it to be irrelevant because you know the exact reason I am asking you the question.

It absolutely is irrelevant, especially when factoring in that you're using a skewed number. That isn't your total post history from the season, and it isn't your total Sox toting history from the season. You're trying to use posts per game as your measuring stick.. it's a 162 game season, and it's WHAT you say.. not how often you say it.

If I said the Eagles were a dream team and were going 16-0 during the regular season, but I only said it once.. does it carry less weight? Do I have to say it every other day for it to count?

Because when you're wrong, you flip shit on other people to make yourself feel better. "Yeah, well I was closer than you would have been". Doesn't matter, because what you said was wrong. Man up to it. Say "I was wrong."

Liar on both counts.

It absolutely is irrelevant, especially when factoring in that you're using a skewed number. That isn't your total post history from the season, and it isn't your total Sox toting history from the season. You're trying to use posts per game as your measuring stick.. it's a 162 game season, and it's WHAT you say.. not how often you say it.

If I said the Eagles were a dream team and were going 16-0 during the regular season, but I only said it once.. does it carry less weight? Do I have to say it every other day for it to count?

No shit they didn't finish 12-4? It was obviously wrong, BUT when you keep bringing it up, I'm going to point to the 7-9 like I had said as well. Again, you'd have a better point talking about me predicting the Patriots going 19-0 than the 49er's and "12-4", which is pretty much the only prediction any of you ever bring up, but that wasn't the worst prediction in that thread. That award would go to many people here that thought they Bengals would definitely win more than eight games, and were so confident about it. Obviously I was wrong about the 12-4, but when it's brought up in pretty much every thread, I'm going to defend it. But, just so you can stop crying about it, I was wrong about it.

So, I hyped and talked about the Red Sox more than the Patriots? That's just a flat out lie. Besides the one post that I know you will refer to, I talked much more about the Patriots and hyped them more (19-0...doesn't get more hyped than that) than the Red Sox.

So, I didn't talk about the Red Sox nearly as much? It most certainly is relevant, but, I know it's not a completely fair argument because there are a lot more games in an MLB season than the NFL, so it would be hard to talk about the Red Sox more in regards to a post/game ratio. However, my point is that even when they were in first place, I barely talked about them because I barely had the opportunity to watch them this season.

You like to pull the "12-4" card extremely often (most often ore one of the most often users), yet I could pull ten more cards than that about your predictions/comments, and other member's comments.

The Giants/Packers game last season wasn't going to determine which team made the playoffs, right? I can play that game as well. If you brought up something different than 12-4 every day, while taking the thread off-topic (you didn't start it this time), then I'd give more credence to your comments, but until them, it's kind of dumb to refer to one post. I've been looking through the NFL section from the past year with predictions, and I could post a lot more incorrect predictions from pretty much every member here than myself.

So, I was wrong about them going 12-4, but it's stupid to bring it up in every thread.

No shit they didn't finish 12-4? It was obviously wrong, BUT when you keep bringing it up, I'm going to point to the 7-9 like I had said as well.

You didn't say 7-9, you said 9-7. That is "if you were more conservative", which says that you aren't more conservative. Your prediction was 12-4. Stopped reading here.

Again, you'd have a better point talking about me predicting the Patriots going 19-0 than the 49er's and "12-4", which is pretty much the only prediction any of you ever bring up, but that wasn't the worst prediction in that thread. Obviously I was wrong about the 12-4, but when it's brought up in pretty much every thread, I'm going to defend it. But, just so you can stop crying about it, I was wrong about it.

Thank you. I don't bring it up.. hell, the only time lately that I talk about it is when you claim that it isn't what you said. It is what you said, and I point that out.

So, I hyped and talked about the Red Sox more than the Patriots? That's just a flat out lie. Besides the one post that I know you will refer to, I talked much more about the Patriots and hyped them more (19-0...doesn't get more hyped than that) than the Red Sox.

Red Sox are winning the world series, they're too good for the rest of the league, Yankees daddies for the next decade, haven't felt this confident about a team in years.. should I go on? Or is that hyping enough?

However, my point is that even when they were in first place, I barely talked about them because I barely had the opportunity to watch them this season.

Again, it's not how often you say it, it's what you say. Like I said earlier, if I say the Eagles were going 16-0, would it carry less weight that I only said it once? Would I have to say it on a weekly basis?

You like to pull the "12-4" card extremely often (most often ore one of the most often users), yet I could pull ten more cards than that about your predictions/comments, and other member's comments.

I don't pull it, I simply call you on it when you try and play it off that 12-4 isn't what you said.

The Giants/Packers game last season wasn't going to determine which team made the playoffs, right?

lol, what is this even in reference to?

So, I was wrong about them going 12-4

YES!

Edited by illwill21