Which Core Would You Rather Have

EastCoastNiner

Which core would you rather have, if you were to build you franchise? Let's just say for arguments sake that each core is locked up for the next six years.

Aaron Rodgers, Calvin Johnson, Desean Jackson, and Adrian Peterson.

Or:

Ndamakong Suh, Darelle Revis, Mario Williams, Nnamdi Asomugha, and Jason Pierre-Paul.

I gave the second group an extra player because Aaron Rodgers would probably be taken over any of these players.

Which core would you rather have, if you were to build you franchise? Let's just say for arguments sake that each core is locked up for the next six years.

Aaron Rodgers, Calvin Johnson, Desean Jackson, and Adrian Peterson.

Or:

Ndamakong Suh, Darelle Revis, Mario Williams, Nnamdi Asomugha, and Jason Pierre-Paul.

I gave the second group an extra player because Aaron Rodgers would probably be taken over any of these players.

Put in D-Ware somewhere in the defense.. then it becomes comparable.. but that offense just has toooooo many weapons.

Put in D-Ware somewhere in the defense.. then it becomes comparable.. but that offense just has toooooo many weapons.

If the defense had Demarcus Ware, that would be even more unfair. I'd rather have the defense as it is over the offensive group. It would be game over for any offense, including the offense in the first post.

• Owner

what is the o-line for the offensive line? is it brrs caliber?

It would have to be star-studded, because Suh, Williams and JPP would rip apart any line in the NFL right now.

I'd take the defense. You can always say something like, "You have to score to win," but the truth is, the defense can score as well...and if AP can't get through the line, and the receivers are going to be covered by the two best corners in the league, I don't see how any offense will win that game.

I'll take that offense and hope for the defense to get one stop cuz that's all it will take to win the game.

How is the offense going to score pretty much every drive. I dislike Revis because he's on the Jets and gets away with a lot, but he's going to probably lock down one of those WR's, and Asomugha can do a very good job on the other one.

Rodgers would have very little time to get a pass off with those pass-rushers coming at him.

I like Rodgers, Calvin, DeSean, AP more than second core. I think AP would have big game and can help Rodgers a lot in passing game even tho Calvin/Desean going against two of best corners in NFL. Calvin/Revis would be interesting

Then again are Revis/Aso playing more man coverage or zone because Aso suck in zone big time

Edited by CaliCurbStomppa

How is the offense going to score pretty much every drive. I dislike Revis because he's on the Jets and gets away with a lot, but he's going to probably lock down one of those WR's, and Asomugha can do a very good job on the other one.

Rodgers would have very little time to get a pass off with those pass-rushers coming at him.

AP would run all over the Eagles then....

The way the league is set up now, give me first team no doubt. Look at what the Eagles D is doing with somewhat comparable players. Give me offense all day.

1. The Eagles have AWFUL LBs, well below average.

2. The Eagles DC is a moron.

That's why I said in my original post that this comparison is simple but the game is not that simple.

Edited by Guru

Listen, give me the first group of guys I'll make it work. I'll drop back and put in 8 guys to block and give Jackson and Megatron all day to work. I don't care how good of a corner you are you are not going to be able to cover elite WR's for more than 5-7 seconds especially when you have an elite QB throwing them the ball.