Next up for the Charlotte Bobcats?

Real Deal

• Owner

The Bobcats snagged Kemba Walker. If you're MJ, what's next in store for the team? Are you looking at free agency or making trades? What position? What players would you want to go after? New head coach? Should MJ just throw his hands in the air and walk off?

They got to see how Kemba adapts and how fast Kemba adaptions to the league. Then, I think they would build around Kemba and try to make some trades. I mean, free agency won't be the best option for them to look at. It's not a team that EVERY player thinks about one day even though MJ is the owner. No offense to Bobcats fans out there but this team barely has any future until they make significant moves

They need talent, period. All the other bottom-dwelling teams have at least 2-3 players with potential to become really good players, yet Charlotte only have Kemba at the moment. You can argue that DJ Augustin can be a nice player too, but that's it. If I am a Charlotte fan I don't really know what to get excited about regarding the team.

Pray for this guy.

http://vmedia.rivals.com/IMAGES/PROSPECT/PHOTO/ANDRE-DRUMMOND_6-1_150A.JPG

Possibly this guy.

http://d.yimg.com/i/ng/sp/ap_photo/20110326/all/l5111629.jpg

And if all else fails, hope for this guy.

http://jackpilgrimsuknews.yolasite.com/resources/Anthony%20Davis.jpg

• Like 1

Bobcats are a mess. Their two best players are both PGs.

I'd trade Augustin for another young player of equal talent at another position just to balance out the roster.

Really wouldn't look at FA. Not much there that would make a profound difference. Maybe if they MAX Gasol they could get him out of Memphis, but that's unlikely. The only FA I'd sign as a piece for the future and only if it's a reasonable contract is Carl Landry. He can be a solid starting PF or an excellent 6th man. Other than that, there's not much they can do. I would just try to dump as many bad contracts as possible, trade whatever asset they have that doesn't fit into their long-term plans (Diaw) and get something of value. Then I'd wait for the draft.

• Owner

I really don't see anyone on the roster worth keeping, aside from the rooks (Kemba and Biyombo). Their future really lies with Kemba at this point, and he's not going to dominate opponents like he was doing over at UConn. He's going to need a team around him.

I like Landry to Charlotte, but will he go?

Trading for pieces doesn't seem likely to me. I don't see why anyone would want Augustin. Tyrus isn't valuable. The only person that thinks Gerald Henderson has potential is MJ. Maggette's contract is loaded for two seasons, if I recall correctly. Diaw is expiring, but I'm not sure how many teams will care UNLESS there's a massive drop in the cap.