Durant vs Griffin

Kevin Durant, Blake Griffin to play in charity event at Cox Center

http://i52.tinypic.com/2k54b8.jpg

Former OSU basketball standout and NBA player Desmond Mason joined Brad Lund Wednesday afternoon, Oct. 12, 2011, in announcing a basketball game to be played in Oklahoma City later this month that will feature NBA stars like Chris Paul and the Thunder's Kevin Durant. Lund is owner of Soldout Strategies, the company sponsoring the basketball game. Photo by Jim Beckel, The Oklahoman ORG XMIT: KOD

Desmond Mason was watching Kevin Durant. Everywhere the Oklahoma City Thunder star played over the summer, Mason was somewhere marveling at what Durant was doing. When Durant scored 66 at the legendary Rucker Park in New York City in early August, Mason's antenna shot up. When Durant scored 40 and 41, respectively, in two other pickup games in New York days later, Mason got to thinking.

By the time Durant scored 59 against LeBron James in a late August all-star exhibition, Mason had made up his mind. He knew what he had to do.

“I told him this is something you should do. You should have a game here in Oklahoma City,” Mason said. “I think you deserve it. You've been playing in everyone else's game. I think the city definitely deserves it.”

Read More

Edited by Shãłïq