The Grizzlies and the Conference Finals

Real Deal

I think the team is just to young at this point to reach the finals. Yes Rudy Gay coming back healthy would be a huge boost but when one thinks who they would have to go through to get to the WCF its clear they aint ready yet. I cant see this Grizzlies team being able to beat Lakers, Mavs, Thunder, or even Portland next year to reach the WCF.

The only way the Grizzlies could go to the Finals is if they're fortunate enough to NOT face the Thunder in the playoffs because OKC is a very strong team and year by year, they're even better. Rudy Gay though is back and with Zach Randolph and Tony Allen really stepping their game up, they have a chance to be really good in the future years.

They need more explosive scorers from the perimeter players. Gay would have helped that, but also would have hurt that awesome perimeter defense they had last post-season. Conley was really solid last season, but I think getting a near all-star caliber PG who can truly orchestrate an offense and hit the 3 off the attention Randolph/Gasol will attract would really push them to the next level. Sucks they are in Memphis because CP3 would be perfect for this team (they'd have to give up Rudy, but last post-season shows he's expendable in some aspects, especially if they got a player like Paul).