Dolphins’ Marshall plans to ‘get kicked out after the second quarter’ against the Jets

ChosenOne

Usually, when there's a bunch of brash and trash talk in a game involving the New York Jets, it's the Jets doing the crowing. From head coach Rex Ryan to receiver Santonio Holmes(notes) to linebacker Bart Scott(notes), the J-E-T-S are always ready to get mouthy with upcoming opponents (unless you'd like to do it like Holmes, and just throw your own offensive line under the bus).

But in the media anticipation for this Monday night's battle between the Jets and Miami Dolphins, it was Dolphins receiver Brandon Marshall(notes) who went off with the recorders in his face. Marshall, who has the third-most catches in the NFL since 2007 (Wes Welker(notes) with 477 and Reggie Wayne(notes) with 419 are ahead of him), said on Thursday that he was going to go all out in a way that the league itself couldn't possibly contain.

"I think the past four games have been tough for me, trying to control some things, and, hey man, I'm just going to let it out," Marshall said. "I don't care if I have two, three cameras on me. I don't care if I have penalties. It doesn't matter; I'm going to let it all out. I don't care what you guys write or what the commentators say. I'm just going to play football. That's what I'm best at. I'm best when I play emotional. I'm best when I play with passion. You guys are going to see that on 'Monday Night Football.'

"I don't know if it's throwing a football 15 yards in the bleachers, or getting a 15-yarder [penalty], or punting the ball and getting thrown out of the game. But something is going to happen. I'll probably get kicked out after the second quarter."

Yahoo! Sports Link/Video

Thanks man, way to help the team out lol. I hope we lose though, suck for Luck. I don't want to see this BS we do where we lose a bunch of games and then win games against people that should beat us and we end up like 3 games out of a playoff spot and a shitty draft pick.

Edited by SRV

I mean we might as well trade him

1. We don't use him properly. He has like 3 TD's in two seasons with us and a shit load of receptions, hes like a massive slot receiver.

2. We are wasting his career. He could easily be one of the top WR's in the NFL, but our offense is just terrible.

3. He is emotionally unstable, as you can see, and could screw us over in some way.

4. We can get something for him now before we make him seem like he is worthless with our shit QB throwing to him.