Raptors Talks with Stefanski Hit a Snag; Bower and Pritchard Back in Running

After making progress on an agreement to become the Toronto Raptors’ general manager, talks with Philadelphia 76ers GM Ed Stefanski have stalled, league sources told Yahoo! Sports on Friday.

Two sources with knowledge of the talks used the term, “hit a snag,” to describe the state of the discussions.

In the past several days, sources said, this development has caused former New Orleans Hornets GM Jeff Bower to re-emerge at the forefront of the search. Another candidate that shouldn’t be ruled out, sources said, is Indiana Pacers executive Kevin Pritchard, former GM of the Portland Trail Blazers.

It’s unclear what caused the talks between Toronto president Bryan Colangelo and Stefanski to come undone, but several sources said what seemed inevitable a week ago – the hiring of Stefanski – has been derailed. Stefanski is trying to become more engaged in the Trail Blazers’ search, sources said.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-wojnarowski_raptors_gm_search_101411

Good news as far as I am concerned. I'd rather have Bower ahead of Stefanski since I think he has made some pretty good moves with the Hornets. I know Pritchard's reputation has taken a huge hit over the past few years, but even then I would still rather have him over Stefanski as well.

I'm kind of curious as to what the "snag" was, though.

Also, Woj confirmed that Dennis Lindsey pulled himself out of the running, which is unfortunate as he was who I wanted.

Once San Antonio Spurs assistant GM Dennis Lindsey pulled out of the Raptors’ search earlier this month, Stefanski and Bower became the two finalists for the job.
Edited by The Great BFT