Down 14-0: Turning Point for GB Defense

Lkr

When the Packers found themselves down 14-0 in the Georgia Dome last Sunday night, they found themselves in uncharted waters. They trailed by the largest deficit since Brett Favre's first return to Lambeau Field; a game that the Packers lost. With the Packers down 14-0 early in the game, the outcome of the game seemed certain. The Packers would lose their first game since they lost to the Patriots without Aaron Rodgers last season, and unlike that game, they would be embarrassed, with Rodgers in the game. The O-Line was shaky, and the Packers offense was not firing on all cylinders early on. Atlanta's offense was also unstoppable. Determined to avenge an embarrassing postseason loss in Atlanta to the Packers last season, Michael Turner could not be contained by the star-studded Packers defense. And let's be honest, the Packers defense hadn't looked strong at all up to that point in the season. This was a squad that seemed content with giving up 20+ points for game, because they knew that their offense could outscore the opposition, just as they had been doing since last December. With their backs up against the wall, the Packers defense finally delivered. After scoring a touchdown in each of the first two quarters, Atlanta never scored again. The Packers defense had finally clicked.

I don't want to get ahead of myself here, but ever since that point, the Packers have taken on a the identity of a team that can grind out a win when their offense fireworks aren't exploding at full force. This past weekend against St. Louis, a team that is struggling greatly on offense, the Packers only gave up 3 points over 4 quarters, creating a streak of 6 quarters without giving up a touchdown. I know it is just St. Louis, but Green Bay had been struggling against other bad teams on defense, such as Denver.

Broncos 19th in points, 26th in yards this year

Against the Packers, you wouldn't know this, because they seemed like they could score at will :lol:

So 1 game vs the mediocre Broncos u get raped then you play well in 2 games vs 2 other mediocre offenses thus far. Yeah we know what to expect from GB defense this season.

So 1 game vs the mediocre Broncos u get raped then you play well in 2 games vs 2 other mediocre offenses thus far. Yeah we know what to expect from GB defense this season.

The defense hasn't played well against ANYONE up until the second half of the Falcons game. I know they were against shitty teams, I admitted that in the OP. When you struggle against shitty teams and have a talented group, it is nice to see them come up big and get their shit together to avoid embarrassment. Green Bay could NOT stop Michael Turner, but guess what, after getting gassed huge in the first half, they got their shit together. I'm happy about it