"The Nets? I don’t know who the Nets are"

Universe

Shaquille is retired, not worried about his next paycheck. So he's looking at the NBA from a different perspective. But the four-time NBA champion couldn't resist a shot at the Nets in an interview.

"With the Knicks, Carmelo and Amare got together late. I think with a full season together they’ll be much better," he told the Times. "The Nets? I don’t know who the Nets are".

The Newark native once again promised to bring a team to Newark to replace the Nets, but admitted he hasn't talked to Mayor Cory Booker.

www.netsdaily.com

This is great. A guy who leaves a market like Orlando for LA is dissing the Nets for leaving Newark yet if Shaq would have signed with this team rather than letting the small market team hit the bottom, then you wouldn't have to be talking about replacing the team in NJ.

Add that to the fact that the one chance they had to stay in New Jersey by winning a championship, Shaq crushed us in the West and then came over and crushed us in the East.

Pretty funny.

It's funny because I'm pretty sure Shaq was enthusiastic about getting a deal with the Nets before this past season when he was struggling to sign with a team.

Also, I will be shocked if Stern even considers Shaq's interest in bringing a new team to Jersey... Nets' attendance never topped 18th in the league last decade. With most Nets fans' loyalties carrying over to Brooklyn, that would probably worsen.

It's funny because I'm pretty sure Shaq was enthusiastic about getting a deal with the Nets before this past season when he was struggling to sign with a team.

Also, I will be shocked if Stern even considers Shaq's interest in bringing a new team to Jersey... Nets' attendance never topped 18th in the league last decade. With most Nets fans' loyalties carrying over to Brooklyn, that would probably worsen.

And we weren't interested right? That could be where the bitterness comes from which I don't understand because Jason Collins helped Shaq win a ring.

I mean, if I just heard that one quote without anything else involved, I'd interpret it as he doesn't know the team's identity or direction, or if they'll make a push for a 2nd superstar. Knowing Shaq it was probably him taking a shot at them, but if I just read that quote alone that's how I'd take it as.

• Owner

No big deal, right? Shaq just knows that his talking gets him in the spotlight more than his playing (has been that way for a few years now), and even more now that he's done playing. :lol:

I really have no idea why he'd say something like that, though (there are many other things to talk about)...but it's Shaq.

I mean, if I just heard that one quote without anything else involved, I'd interpret it as he doesn't know the team's identity or direction, or if they'll make a push for a 2nd superstar. Knowing Shaq it was probably him taking a shot at them, but if I just read that quote alone that's how I'd take it as.

Yeah now that I read it that way I could see how it could be interpreted that way. But like you said, knowing Shaq it's his way of taking a shot, like he did at Kobe when he said he didn't know who Kobe was.