Palmer, Ponder, Beck, or Tebow?

ChosenOne

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Added a poll for you.

It's probably going to be Palmer, I don't have much faith in the rest of these players. Beck plays too conservatively, which is nice for Skins fans since we won't have to deal with anymore 4 INT games, but on the stat sheet it probably won't look good. As long as he manages the game, makes accurate throws, and Kyle Shanahan sticks to running the damn ball, we have the potential to win the division.

• Owner

I think we overpaid for him, but Palmer is the better QB. Tebow is the better athlete.

I have no idea how Ponder's college game will translate over the remaining games, because if you just look at his body of work up until now, you'd think he could be a decent starting QB.

As far as Beck goes, I'm clueless. I don't expect much.

I think the obvious answer in the veteran Palmer. However if I had to choose one of the guys I'd go Ponder. I think Leslie Frazier actually believes Ponder gives them a better shot at McNabb, and Ponder has Adrian Peterson who he can lean on until he gets his bearing in the NFL.

• Owner

I think the obvious answer in the veteran Palmer. However if I had to choose one of the guys I'd go Ponder. I think Leslie Frazier actually believes Ponder gives them a better shot at McNabb, and Ponder has Adrian Peterson who he can lean on until he gets his bearing in the NFL.

If you had to choose one of the guys for THIS season only, or from this point on? That will definitely change my answer, haha.

But, I kind of like Tebow. Maybe it's because I've seen far much more of him, and believe he works too hard to fail as a QB.

I really wish Tebow wasn't in Denver (Broncos = evil), and Gruden ended up coaching whatever team he was on. I think Gruden would maximize his potential, beyond expectations.

If you had to choose one of the guys for THIS season only, or from this point on? That will definitely change my answer, haha.

But, I kind of like Tebow. Maybe it's because I've seen far much more of him, and believe he works too hard to fail as a QB.

I really wish Tebow wasn't in Denver (Broncos = evil), and Gruden ended up coaching whatever team he was on. I think Gruden would maximize his potential, beyond expectations.

The poll said "Which will have the best season?" or something along that lines. So I think everyone's answer would be Palmer in that circumstance.

As for Tebow, I feel he's got a lot of what you can't measure. He's got that will and desire to just be a winner. That being said he still has a slow release and is inaccurate. I'm in the middle on Tebow, I want to believe in him, but just too much going against him for me to pick him.

John Beck lost the job to Grossman in the off season and the only reason he has a job is because Grossman is well Grossman.

I think I would without a doubt choose Ponder if I was picking my QB of the future.

CBS Washington's David Elfin expects John Beck to get his chance as the Redskins' starting quarterback "sooner rather than later."

"Beck will become Washington’s 20th starting quarterback in the last 19 years some time this season," writes Elfin, a longtime Redskins beat reporter formerly of the Washington Times. "You can count on it." Beck lost his chance to start Week 1 by struggling in the preseason finale, but the organization is higher on him long term than Rex Grossman. The Redskins' bye this year falls in Week 5. We wouldn't be surprised if Beck started games before then.

Source: CBS Washington

Sep 6 - 3:45 PM

No he got outplayed by Rex in the preseason, and besides, the coaching staff felt more comfortable with Rex due to his experience under this offense.

He was outplayed because he wasnt comfortable enough with the offense due to fact he was hurt and not taking snaps.

He was outplayed because he wasnt comfortable enough with the offense due to fact he was hurt and not taking snaps.

He was hurt for one game, and Shanahan compensated for miss time by putting Beck in at QB during the last preseason game. At the end of the preseason, their snap totals were even, if not favoring Beck.

Point is, in hindsight, it was the right move to go to Rex because he has that gun slinger mentality that Kyle Shanahan loves. Beck fits the offense better now due to his mobility because two of our O-linemen are out.