The perfect compliment to John Wall?

Real Deal

Some Nike's. Whatever shoe he was wearing last season was killing his feet and helping cause injury if I remember correctly, that Zig Zag bullshit or whatever.

As for what kind of player would compliment him the best, I'd say either a really athletic PF that could run the floor and eat teams up in PnR situations, or a wing player that excels in iso and open-court situations. Kind of depends on if he can develop his scoring game...if he can get his volume up to over 20PPG on decent efficiency, I'd side with the big man. If not, I'd go with the wing player.

I think Josh Smith would be a good fit with John Wall. I say Josh Smith because he is a player that runs the floor well and can score in the half court game as well as long as he isnt beyond the freethrow line lol.

I really cant think of any other player that can be moved and would fit in with Wall's style of play. Obviously there are many player that could work with him if we are talking about franchise players.

I'd say a big who can stretch the floor and run pick and roll. John Wall's biggest asset is getting to the rim. If he can get a guy like Amar'e, Pau, Aldridge, etc. a big who can hit from 18 feet and come off the pick and roll then I think the paint will be more open for Wall to drive. Not to mention with his passing ability will be deadly off pick and roll as guys come open.

Some Nike's. Whatever shoe he was wearing last season was killing his feet and helping cause injury if I remember correctly, that Zig Zag bullshit or whatever.

They made a new model of those during the season to help him out. The games he missed were a result of him coming back too early and exacerbating the injuries he was dealing with.

Now that he's completely healthy, I expect him to have a huge year and show off more of his athleticism.

As for who would be the best fit next to him, I love Fish's answer. A player like Amare would be great to have, I can't remember the number of times Wall made dump off passes in the paint to McGee that resulted in a turnover.

And please no to Josh Smith, as long as we have Jan Vesely on this team, we don't need another athletic forward who can't create for himself.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I think Bargnani would be a great fit next to him.

He would create more space for Wall inside, is absolutely deadly in pick and pop situations (and more than capable in PnR's as well) can create his own offense and is a nice passer for his size.

Having a presence like Bargs to open up driving lanes, cutting lanes and drawing out opposing big men would do wonders for his poor finishing ability as he wouldn't have to worry about both big men contesting his shot.

If McGee ever gets his shit in order, he would do a nice job of masking Bargnani's shortcomings on help defense and on the glass as well. Then use your draft pick this year on a guy like Jeremy Lamb or Bradley Beal to be that all around shooting guard and you are suddenly looking at a pretty solid complimentary starting 5 of:

McGee

Bargnani

Vesely (playing the Kirilenko role, assuming he develops into that as expected)

Lamb/Beal

Wall

Bring guys like Young off the bench for instant offense, ship Blatche to Taiwan, Singleton as a defensive stopper corner and pocket shooter and Booker as the hustle big and you have a decent team. Not great, but definitely a step in the right direction.

Of course, this is assuming that you could get Bargnani for free and not have to give anything up for him, which isn't possible, but lets ignore that for this hypothetical situation.