Does Shaq make Cleveland the top team in the East?

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think with Shaq Cleveland is now the top team. Boston still has too many question marks regarding who will be there next year and whether or not the aging stars will be healthy. Even last year though Boston struggled with LeBron. Orlando I think got worse no question with losing Hedo(most likely), Alston, and Courtney Lee by replacing them with Vince Carter. I'd much rather have the former 3 guys. Orlando wont be able to exploit those weird mismatches with having two 6'10 guys that shoot threes anymore. Dwight won't have as much of a field day anymore exploiting Varejao and blowing by Illgauskas. Shaq will be able to do a good job defending him. Shaq doesn't have to worry about Dwight hitting any outside jumpshots.

I think Boston is still better depending on how many MPG that Cleveland can get out of Shaq. They are a heavy favorite, but I don't know if they are flat out worse. And Orlando is worse with Vince Carter replacement as well as not being able to dominate the paint now. Dwight Howard isn't too hard to stop either. Pau Ga"Soft", Andrew Bynum, and the free throw line stop him.

Edited by Lkr

I'm going with a yes, not sure what Boston is going to do this offseason but I think the Cavs will come into the season very strong, I reckon they are a better team than the Celtics.

Id say Cleveland is the 2nd best team in the East after the Magic. I think the Cavs can match up with the Celtics fairly easy, but against the Magic they will have problems like they did in the playoffs this year.

Yeah, we match up real well with Boston. And we will match up better with Orlando next year IF they don't resign Hedo, who was a HUGE match up problem for us.

Of course they are not.

This just makes it so they have some kind of low post answer to D Howard and KG. Although with Mike James and his horrifying coaching ability they will be lucky if this works.

:lol:

Brown*

Considering the Cavs had the best record in the East last year, and they're getting better without losing much, I'd say they're still the favorite to have the best record. As far as who's the better team, I'd like to give us the edge over the Magic, it might be biased. Losing Turkey-glue allows the Cavs to matchup against the Magic more easily. If they could have finished games in the series last season, they would have had it won even with the mismatches, so I think we've got the edge.

Don't forget Orlando also got Ryan Anderson in the trade; he's 6-10 and can knock down threes.

It wasn't exactly that the problem was a big guy that could shoot threes. It was that the two big guys were Turkey-glue and Lewis. Add those two guys with the rest of the team we were spread thin defensively and couldn't matchup. Haven't really seen Anderson play much yet, so I can't really comment on it, all I can say is that if he's a Turkey-glue, than we have problems, but if he's just a guy that can hit a three (although it will cause problems) it won't be as big an issue.

Edited by Sheriff Shaq

Orlando is the top team especially now with the VC trade and everyone is forgetting what a force Boston is when healthy. Cleveland is the 3rd best team in the East IMO.

I still the Orlando is at the top. Cleveland is probably second right behind Orlando. Both teams have acquired star players (well, former star) who still contribute every night, but Dwight Howard is the Defensive Player of the Year and with Shaq old and slower than normal, I don't really think he poses much of a threat against Howard. As of now, the Eastern Conference Champs remain on top.

Well....we were the top team without Shaq. And we virtually lost guys who barely played/were ineffective in the trade for him. Sure, we could use more. But as Shaq said himself we were a damn good team without him. We still need an athletic forward that is only if Danny Green or Christian Eyenga don't play in the rotation.

We have two of the most dominant players in the league. We have 3 all-stars from last year in our starting lineup. Not to mention Daniel Gibson will be healthier next year and Verajao has only shown signs of improving. (We should be able to resign him)

• Owner

Without Turkoglu, Orlando and Cleveland are probably on the same level of play.

At full health, Boston is the top team.

We can sit here all day and talk about how healthy Garnett will be next season, but without Phoenix's training staff, we can also do that with Shaq. We saw what they did with him and Grant Hill. It's hard for me not to say they have the best trainers in the league.

Without Turkoglu, Orlando and Cleveland are probably on the same level of play.

At full health, Boston is the top team.

We can sit here all day and talk about how healthy Garnett will be next season, but without Phoenix's training staff, we can also do that with Shaq. We saw what they did with him and Grant Hill. It's hard for me not to say they have the best trainers in the league.

Agreed.