Does Shaq make Cleveland the top team in the East?

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think the Celtics will have trouble with the Cavs. Two years ago when they won their championship Cleveland really have them a run for their money. That Celtics team was also at the top of thier game that they'll ever be at. Now add two all-stars to the team for Cleveland in Mo Williams and Shaq. Take Posey off the Celtics. I think that'll push Cleveland over the top.

Orlando will still give them match up problems, but without Turkoglu and with Shaq as a post-up option/guy to match-up with Dwight I think the adjustments will work for them.

• Owner

I think the Celtics will have trouble with the Cavs. Two years ago when they won their championship Cleveland really have them a run for their money. That Celtics team was also at the top of thier game that they'll ever be at. Now add two all-stars to the team for Cleveland in Mo Williams and Shaq. Take Posey off the Celtics. I think that'll push Cleveland over the top.

Orlando will still give them match up problems, but without Turkoglu and with Shaq as a post-up option/guy to match-up with Dwight I think the adjustments will work for them.

I think putting Shaq in the post against a strong Perkins hurts Cleveland more than it helps. Ilgauskas pulls guys out of the paint, and Boston really doesn't have any defensive players that can stop LeBron getting to the rim (and not many defenders can, anyways). But you won't see Shaq asking for the ball 16-18 feet out, either. Any team will let him shoot that open jumper 500 times in a game, if he had the chance.

Celtics are still better when healthy.

Celtics

Cavaliers

Magic

You can't put Boston in front. They have the worst bench of any of the elite teams. Powe, Davis, and House are their only productive players and Powe gets injured alot and will be a FA as well as Davis.

Edited by Cleveland's Finest

I think putting Shaq in the post against a strong Perkins hurts Cleveland more than it helps. Ilgauskas pulls guys out of the paint, and Boston really doesn't have any defensive players that can stop LeBron getting to the rim (and not many defenders can, anyways). But you won't see Shaq asking for the ball 16-18 feet out, either. Any team will let him shoot that open jumper 500 times in a game, if he had the chance.

I keep hearing this, "Shaq will clog up the paint and LeBron won't be able to get to the rim" but you guys forget we had Ben Wallace on the team and he has zero offensive production unless he gets a putback rebound or somebody gift wraps him an assist and LeBron still got to the rim. Shaq has feet, he can move. I think we'll be fine. Shaq is an upgrade from Wallace and he's going to help out Z offensively too. I'm happy about it as long as he doesn't lose more skill to old age during the offseason.

Edited by Sheriff Shaq

No, in fact, I think people are overrating Cleveland. The Magic got Vince Carter, and Celtics get a healthy Garnett back. They are going to get past these two teams, plus the Lakers, Spurs, and Nuggets if they want to get a ring.

Losing Turkey-glue and getting Carter... I'm not sure sold I am on that. I could be wrong, but I just don't feel like he is going to fit with the offensive system real great. I guess we'll find out though.