Brandon Roy or Joe Johnson

JWaLL

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Statistically both players are very close. Although Roy gets a lot more recognition from the league, I think I'll have to give the edge to Joe Johnson. Roy definitely benefits from having a pass first point guard on his roster to help him get his shot off. Not saying that Bibby is bad, but he definitely is a shooting point guard, which means most of Johnson's shots are created based off his own creativity with the ball.

It's really a tough choice though, it could go either way. I just think Joe is the better player, despite him not getting as much attention from the league.

I've always been a huge fan of JJ and I can't explain it but I'm just not sold on Roy. I know the results speak for themselves but I think Johnson is a more talented player than Roy. Joe is one of the most underrated players in the NBA IMO. As much as I hate it though the results speak for themselves, Roy has a pretty young inexperienced group of support but wins games, the Hawks aren't even that great in the less deep conference. I don't think either guy is capable of leading a franchise to a championship though.

It'll be awesome to prove you wrong when Roy and the Blazers win one sometime in the next 5-7 years.

Obviously, in my opinion, Roy is the better player. While I do REALLY like Joe Johnson as I think he's one of the most underrated players in the league, Roy is a better passer and can get to the hoop better than JJ. Though, if I needed someone to hit the game winner, despite Roy getting quite a few game winners last year, I'd put the ball in JJ's hands as he's just a pure shooter and very clutch.

They both can score that is a given but I think what gives Roy the edge is that he is a better passer that JJ.

Their assists per game are almost even. Both of them get between 5 and 6 assists per game, so I don't really see where Roy has the upper hand in the passing game. Most consider Roy a better passer because he occasionally plays the point, while JJ doesn't nearly as often.

Despite giving JJ the upper hand overall, I think I'd still like Roy to have the ball in the final seconds. I've seen what he can do in the clutch and it's just simply amazing what he can do when the pressure is on.