Just how good will Andrew Luck be?

Real Deal

• Owner

Alright, it may be a bit early to ask this question, since he has yet to play a single NFL game...but stick your neck out there. Just how good will Andrew Luck be?

Are we talking about Pro Bowls throughout his career, or the best QB in the NFL for most of it?

Will be be a better QB than Brady and Manning?

Is he going to reach into Joe Montana and Dan Marino territory?

The guy is one of the smartest college football players I've ever seen, and I'm pretty intrigued...wondering if you guys are feeling the hype. Doesn't seem like many are talking THAT much about him on here, so I was just curious.

I'm not concerned with his ability, approach, or work ethic, he could clearly start for a handful of teams in this league right now, but I am concerned about the high expectations everyone has for him. If he ends up as a 'very good QB,' will that be enough? People believe he's the next Peyton Manning/Aaron Rodgers/Tom Brady, and that's a lot for a 22 year old. Remember, people didn't even project Peyton to be as good as Luck, there were GM's that were ready to take Ryan Leaf over him, in 2012, there's absolutely no competition for him.

He's got the total package, and will probably end up in the top tier of QB's in the league in a few years, but I just can't say he will be in the realm of Manning, Brady, Marino, etc just yet. It's the same thing with John Wall, I knew coming into the draft that he was a sure thing because not only did he display talent as the collegiate level, but he had a great work ethic. It's why I continue to believe he will be a top 3 PG in the league very soon. Blake Griffin really stole the spotlight from John last season, and I think that helped him settle down and play to his ability rather than to everyone's expectations.

I think hes that good... I don't know about him being next Peyton Manning b/c thats just too much but he can really be the best in the league someday if he can beat the hype because sometime when you have so much hype around you it just kill you and you can't handle it so we will have to see.