NFL Midseason Awards

htownborn

Offensive MVP: Aaron Rodgers (It was a tough decision for me to make over Megatron but I choose Rodgers because his team is undefeated in and he has the #1 QB rating with 125.7, he complets 71.5 of his passes, and his TD to INT ratio is 20 to 3 he's having a very efficent season)

Defensive MVP: Jason Pierre-Paul (He leads the Giants in sacks with 8.5 and 35 tackles this season. And his team has a 5-2 record within 8 weeks)

Surpise Team: Bills (I expected the Niners, Bengals, and Lions to eventually have a good season if not this year sometime within the next year or so the Bills on the other hand I didn't expect much from maybe 5 wins but they have that alreay and their tied for #1 in their division)

Dissapointing Team: Eagles ( I still think the Eagles will make the playoffs but since were talking about midseason performances I have to put the Eagles with all the talent they signed in the offseason and just having a 3-4 record so far)

Dissapointing Player: Chris Johnson (He just got his pay check and he hasn't played up to his pay at all this season. Phillip Rivers can be an honorable mentioning too)

Offensive Rookie: Cam Newton (Other than Andy Dalton and maybe A.J. Green no rookie comes close to what Cam has done so far this season he's passed for over 2,000 yeard already and has 11 TD)

Defensive Rookie: Aldon Smith (This was another though one I started to go Von Miller but once again since Smith's team is winning I pick him plus he leads all rookies with 6.5 sacks)

Coach of the midseason: Jim Harbaugh (From going 6-10 last season to winning 6 of the first 7 games this season)

Edited by htownborn

Offensive MVP: Aaron Rodgers

Defensive MVP: Darelle Revis

Surpise Team: 49ers

Dissapointing Team: Cowboys

Dissapointing Player: CJ2K

Offensive Rookie: AJ Green

Defensive Rookie: Aldon Smith

Coach of the midseaon: Jim Harbaugh

Edited by Prodigy

Defensive MVP: Jared Allen

Surprise Team: Buffalo Bills

Disappointing Team: Dallas Cowboys

Disappointing Player: Chris Johnson

Offensive Rookie: Cam Newton

Defensive Rookie: Von Miller

Coach of the Midseason: Jim Harbaugh

• Owner

Offensive MVP: Calvin Johnson

If he shatters Moss' TD record, and if the Lions get into the playoffs (doubt they win the division, thanks to GB), he has to be the MVP, or a very close runner-up to Rodgers. Nobody touches him, one-on-one, and it's Stafford throwing to him, not Tom Brady.

Defensive MVP: Darrelle Revis

I almost thought about sliding Ngata in here, but at least you have some players that aren't intimidated. I think everyone in the NFL is worried about Revis.

Surpise Team: Cincinnati Bengals

Wasn't really sure if the Bengals were going to win four games this season. They've already done that.

Dissapointing Team: Indianapolis Colts

Okay, so I could've predicted a losing season...but not an 0-8 start. Offense, defense...nothing is clicking, and that's disappointing, because the Colts should be winning, at the most, two games a month.

Dissapointing Player: Chris Johnson

Not even close.

I like what Green is doing, but Newton can't go for 400+ in his first two games of his career, and play very good football, while being ignored for ROY.

Defensive Rookie: Aldon Smith

Just no trouble getting through the o-line and picking up his sack. Almost feels like you're ready for th it.

Coach of the midseason: Jim Harbaugh

Not scared to actually coach a game, take risks, and get a bit too pumped up during celebration (lol). 49ers today > yesterday.

Offensive MVP:

Aaron Rodgers

Defensive MVP:

Troy Polamalu

Surpise Team:

Bills

Dissapointing Team:

Cowboys

Dissapointing Player:

Chris Johnson

Offensive Rookie:

cam newton

Defensive Rookie:

idk

Coach of the midseaon:

Jim harbaugh

Defensive MVP: DeMarcus Ware

Surpise Team: Cincinnati Bengals

Dissapointing Team: Atlanta Falcons (I don't see how people are picking Dallas when I projected thier record I'd thought they go 9-7 and be 3-4 after the tough start. Did people really expect more from a 6-10 team that has started 3 rookies at OL every week?)

Dissapointing Player: Chris Johnson obviously, but I'll say Philip Rivers as well if he continues to struggle like he has.

Offensive Rookie: AJ Green

Coach of the midseaon: Jim Schwartz Harbaugh

MVP:Aaron Rodgers

Easy call.

Offensive MVP: Matt Forte

Yes he doesnt have the stats like McCoy or Peterson do but when you responsible for over half the yards for a decent offensive you deserve some recognition. Pay the man!

Defensive MVP: Jared Allen

Having a career year so far with 13 sacks, 3 fumbles forced, 3 fumbles recovered, 3 passes defensed, and a int. Easy decision imo.

Surprise Team: San Fransisco 49ers

Yes they play in a complete crap division but 7-1 with that one loss coming in the last minutes to Dallas says alot. BUT as a side note i still dont think they are as good as their record indicates, but if they beat the Giants this week they will be legit for real. None the less a 7-1 record coming for the 49ers is surprising.

Disappointing Team: San Diego Chargers

We [expletive]ing suck. Enough said.

Disappointing Player: Phillip Rivers / Chris Johnson

Rivers has thrown 2 more picks than TD's (13-15), and has 4 [expletive]ing fumbles lost. All of last year he throw 13 picks he has surpassed that already by 2.

Chris Johnson on the other had is pulling a Shawn Alexander i didn't think it was possible but he is proving us wrong.

9 weeks in he has 2400 pass yards with 11 tds and 9 ints. The picks are bad but they are expected as he is rookie QB still learning. What puts him over the top is his running ability 300+ yards and 7 td's, puts him top 35 in the league in rushing yards and second in the league in td's.

He alone is basically the entire Broncos defense.

Coach of the midseaon: Jim Harbaugh

In his first year he has a playoff missing 49ers team holding the second best record in the league, only behind the Superbowl champs Green Bay packers. They beat the Giants this week and San Fran will be worshiping the dude.

Other Awards

Comback Player: Steve Smith

With 46 reception 918 years and 4 td's he already has already reached last years receptions total, surpassed last years yards by 400, and double his td count. Honorable mention to Alex Smith.

Breakout Player: Jimmy Graham

Surprise Player: Darren Sproles

BUST: Reggie Bush / Chad Ochocinco

With a change of scenery for both players it was thought they would be revived and become impact players so far that has definitely not been the case.

Edited by ChosenOne