Drake-Take Care

MainEv3nt

The difference is Mac actually has pretty strong raw talent as an MC. Drake is average to below-average in that regard. Mac has a better flow, better wordplay, better metaphores, and overall is just more skilled when it comes to rapping.

I hate how everyone cares about appearence so much in rap. I don't really care about swag, what they wear, how much coke they sold or how much money they have. That image may sell CD's, but doesn't make you a great rapper. Some of the greatest rappers ever use that style, but they reached that legendary status because of their ability, not image.

Anyway, I'll check this album out in the next few days and I'll writeup a quick review. From the few songs off this that I've heard on the radio, I think it'll probably end up being a bit better than Thank Me Later.

I'm not saying Mac isn't talented or can't rap. He can. He's actually pretty good. His subject matter is just wack to me, which is why I just couldn't continue to listen to him.

Drake can rap too, by the way...

Songs like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjF9uSQjJhk

If you're not feeling that, idk what i can say...

I'm not saying Mac isn't talented or can't rap. He can. He's actually pretty good. His subject matter is just wack to me, which is why I just couldn't continue to listen to him.

Drake can rap too, by the way...

Songs like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjF9uSQjJhk

If you're not feeling that, idk what i can say...

its easy to post older songs lol.

someone post an old dmx song of course they prob love it, post a new dmx song they go wtf.

Lol at anyone who compares Mac Miller to Drake. Ya'll say Drake is geared towards teenage h.s. girls?! Mac Miller is the definition of that! All he talks about is smoking week, drinking alcohol, and hooking up with girls. Oh, and wearing snapback hats.

Lmao...that is the definition of a cornball! Drake=SWAG.

Isn't that all any rapper raps about these days? lol

Isn't that all any rapper raps about these days? lol

Not really. Mac Miller's topics are extremely limited and simple. Like I give him credit he's being himself. Like that's shit he does. He wears snapback hats, he smokes weed wit his friends and drinks...but it gets boring...

and yeah that's an older drake song but when he raps he can still rap. and he can make real smooth songs like "fireworks" with alcia keyes...thats one of my favorite songs ever

Not really. Mac Miller's topics are extremely limited and simple. Like I give him credit he's being himself. Like that's shit he does. He wears snapback hats, he smokes weed wit his friends and drinks...but it gets boring...

and yeah that's an older drake song but when he raps he can still rap. and he can make real smooth songs like "fireworks" with alcia keyes...thats one of my favorite songs ever

bro u just lost points in my book.

I've listened to this multiple times. I just don't like it. Straight up. It's such a pop album. It's better than TML but ehhh... -_-

This album was clearly targeted towards the feminine gender... All he does is cry over girls, brag about his money, talk about his fame, etc. The same old shit. I don't know, this emotional pussified Drake just isn't for me. Also, I found it hilarious how he tried to buy fans by dissing his "haters" in the song Lord Knows: “I’m hearing all of the jokes, I know that they tryna push me / I know that shown’ emotion don’t ever mean I’m a [expletive] / Know that I don’t make music for n–as who don’t get [expletive] / So those are the ones I count on to diss me or overlook me” So now everyone that doesn't like Drake doesn't get [expletive]? Hahahaha. The few songs I kind of liked were: HYFR, The Real Her, and Headlines. Overall, I'll never listen to most of these tracks again. I'll give it a generous 6/10.

• 2 weeks later...

Underground Kings remind me totally of Drake's mixtape days. And Headlines is very similar to Over on Drake's first album.

I'm not huge on his RnB stuff but I don't really skip any tracks on this album...honestly...On a scale of 1-5, here's how I rate each song...

Over My Dead Body - 4

Shot for Me - 4

Headlines - 4

Crew Love - 4

Take Care - 4

Marvin’s Room - 3

Buried Alive - 4

Underground Kings - 5

We’ll Be Fine - 4

Make Me Proud - 3

Lord Knows - 4

Cameras - 3

Good Girls Go - 3

Doing It Wrong - 3

The Real Her - 4 (Only because of Andre 3K verse...don't really like the rest of the song)

HYFR - 4

Look What You’ve Done - 4 (Very emotional song for Drake, can def. hear that)

Practice - 2

The Ride - 4

Hate Sleeping Alone - 4

The Motto - 4

The reason I think this album is so good is due to it's consistency. Drake has provided us with a 20 song album that does not go up and down all that much. I find many albums being great 6 or 7 tracks through (Wale-Ambition for example), and then it tails off in the middle before picking up at the end. Drake has managed to put a ton of tracks on this album without having huge dips in the middle, which I think is so hard to do.

Edited by JYD

So.... you're not huge on his RnB stuff but you gave most of his RnB songs a 4 out of 5? :lol: And don't tell me it's good RnB because it's not. Tyrese's Open Invitation and The Weeknd's House of Balloons completely shit on Take Care if we are strictly talking RnB. Even if we aren't talking RnB their albums shit on Drakes to be honest lol. Whatever though, it's your opinion and I respect that... just think you should listen to some more music before you call this the album of the year *cough*Mr.Kingfish

So.... you're not huge on his RnB stuff but you gave most of his RnB songs a 4 out of 5? :lol: And don't tell me it's good RnB because it's not. Tyrese's Open Invitation and The Weeknd's House of Balloons completely shit on Take Care if we are strictly talking RnB. Even if we aren't talking RnB their albums shit on Drakes to be honest lol. Whatever though, it's your opinion and I respect that... just think you should listen to some more music before you call this the album of the year *cough*Mr.Kingfish

I ain't even an RnB fan though, I don't listen to Tyrese and The Weeknd is kind of like auto-tuneish isn't he? The song "The Crew" (haven't listened 2 anything else from him, heard good stuff from others though) has some type of maulfunction over his voice doesn't it?? Lol.

I just think the beats/samples/production are really good on them, vocals are alright. It's pretty obvious Drake is faaaar from the best singer. I always try to talk unbiased on this forum, politics, music, and sports especially. Drake does have flaws as an artist, no doubt, and even though I'm not an RnB fan, Drake puts these songs together well IMO which makes them bearable..I def. prefer his tracks like Lord Knows (Just Blaze production on that one...wow) and Underground Kings.. But, Also, songs like The Crew have a nice combo of RnB from the weeknd and then a verse from Drake.

Edited by JYD

I ain't even an RnB fan though, I don't listen to Tyrese and The Weeknd is kind of like auto-tuneish isn't he? The song "The Crew" (haven't listened 2 anything else from him, heard good stuff from others though) has some type of maulfunction over his voice doesn't it?? Lol.

He didn't use any type of auto-tune on his album House of Balloons. His voice is actually like that from what I've read/heard.

I just think the beats/samples/production are really good on them, vocals are alright. It's pretty obvious Drake is faaaar from the best singer. I always try to talk unbiased on this forum, politics, music, and sports especially. Drake does have flaws as an artist, no doubt, and even though I'm not an RnB fan, Drake puts these songs together well IMO which makes them bearable..I def. prefer his tracks like Lord Knows (Just Blaze production on that one...wow) and Underground Kings.. But, Also, songs like The Crew have a nice combo of RnB from the weeknd and then a verse from Drake.

Agreed the production throughout the album was solid. The lyrics just weren't there though... he could have did a much better job. His creativity is falling off like crazy and nobody's production can save him if he doesn't get his shit together lyrically.