Anthony Davis Seperating Himself From Rest of 2012 Draft Class

Built Ford Tough

Kentucky's Anthony Davis (Top 100 Rank: 1) continues to wow. His 14-point, six-rebound, seven-block performance against Kansas at MSG not only solidified his hold on the No. 1 spot on our Big Board -- a number of NBA scouts feel like there's a pretty big gap between Davis and whoever ends up being the No. 2 guy.

"Davis is the only person in this draft who I'm sure can change a franchise," one scout said. "I thought Andre Drummond may have also been ... but Davis is the only sure thing to me. He has such a unique game. He'll be a great pro."

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/blog/_/name/nba_draft/id/7268542/ncb-kentucky-anthony-davis-continues-show-no-1-draft-prospect

It is part of Chad Ford's latest Stock Watch Insider article.

Coming into the season I wasn't buying into Davis' hype and thought he was going ot struggle a bit to start off his college career, especially defensively since he is on the thin side.

Clearly, the opposite of that has happened. Instead of struggling against bigger college players, he is prospering by showcasing his great defensive instincts, length, athleticism and timing by blocking and altering basically everything in site. He went head to head with Thomas Robinson and came out on top, giving the junior power foreard of the Jayhawks fits.

He hasn't really been given an opportunity to showcase his offensive ability aside from being an athletic finisher around the rim and a few impressive passes because of how stacked Kentucky is, but his offenisve abilities were well known coming into college anyways, and he hasn't really done anything to make people think otherwise.

So yeah, count me in as somebody who is on the Davis bandwagon. It is still early and I haven't counted out guys like Drummond and Barnes as possible first overall picks, but from what I have seen of Davis, I can understand why so many scouts are absolutely gushing over him. He is going to be a special player and I am fully comfortable saying that despite only watching 2 and a half of his games this season. He is that good.

• 1 month later...