Matt Leinart out for the season

Dash

Brett Favre please.

Yep either him Trent Edwards, Jeff Garcia, or Daunte Culpepper. I'd honestly perfer Garcia or Culpepper though I think Favre is done and needs to stay retired. I haven't seen much of Edwards so I can't comment.

Edited by htownborn

Yep either him Trent Edwards, Jeff Garcia, or Daunte Culpepper. I'd honestly perfer Garcia or Culpepper though I think Favre is done and needs to stay retired. I haven't seen much of Edwards so I can't comment.

Yates has excellent field vision and his IQ is well above what you'd expect from a rookie QB, but there is no way he's ready to lead an 8-3 football team. I honestly don't care who we get just as long as we sign SOMEBODY besides Kellen Clemens. I don't see any problem with at least giving a call to Favre and seeing what shape he's in etc.

Yates has excellent field vision and his IQ is well above what you'd expect from a rookie QB, but there is no way he's ready to lead an 8-3 football team. I honestly don't care who we get just as long as we sign SOMEBODY besides Kellen Clemens. I don't see any problem with at least giving a call to Favre and seeing what shape he's in etc.

I'm not saying that Yates isn't good he played decent and he shows potential but he clearly showed he's not ready to step up and start for us now. Plus he hasn't gotten any kind of reps with the team doing gametime other than today. As for Favre I wouldn't mind us getting him I feel were a for sure playoff team with him but I just feel he's alot older and I don't know how his attitude would fit with our team. Then again same thing can be said for Culpepper and Garcia so at this point we really don't have much to lose.

Texans worked out Jeff Garcia last week and they opted for Kellen Clemens over him. Jake Delhomme and Patrick Ramsey are a couple other free agent options we could give look.

Edit: and I wasn't trying to knock on Yates either, I loved what I saw from him early on and he could have done better with a few reps but like you said he's just not ready yet.

Edited by Dash

Delhomme I think would be an alright fit, Ramsey not so sure about. Also Trent Green could be another candidate for us possibly.

Yeah I agree though I felt Kub's could have let Yates rep out a little bit more than what he did but I guess he was being conservative with the pass for fear of getting picked off for a TD.

Well Favre is ruled out.

Don’t get too excited about the Texans bringing in future Hall of Fame quarterback Brett Favre.

Hours after backup Texans quarterback Matt Leinart went down with a season-ending injury, Sports Illustrated’s Peter King discussed the Favre-to-Houston issue during NBC’s Football Night in America and slammed the idea from both angles.

King said general manager Rick Smith said the Texans wouldn’t be interested. Smith told King: “I don’t want to bring the circus to town.”

Favre also texted King and told him that he wasn’t interested in returning and that he hasn’t thrown a football in a month.

The Texans worked out a series of quarterbacks last week after the season-ending injury to starter Matt Schaub. At that point, the Texans were auditioning a No. 3 quarterback behind Leinart and rookie T.J. Yates.

Now, with Leinart out for the season with a broken collerbone, the Texans are in search for a solid backup behind Yates, a fifth-round draft pick out of North Carolina.

Kellen Clemens, signed last week, likely won’t cut it there.

The Texans recently worked out Clemens, Brodie Croyle, Jeff Garcia and Trent Edwards.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2011/11/report-texans-gm-doesnt-want-favre-circus-to-come-to-town/

Sage Rosenfels making the save?

Sage Rosenfels could spin back to Houston

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on November 28, 2011, 9:29 AM EST

APSage Rosenfels is currently on the reserve/non-football injury list on the Dolphins roster.

It sounds like he may not be there for long.

A reader asked SI’s Peter King on Twitter Monday about a report on a Houston radio station that the Dolphins will release Rosenfels, so that he can sign with the Texans.

King says that report is true.

Rosenfels was sidelined by a mysterious blood infection in August while he was a member of the Giants. He was later released and joined the Dolphins in early October, but only lasted three weeks until the same problem occurred again.

Rosenfels started 10 games over three seasons in Houston, with his famous “Rosencopter” play against the Colts standing out as a lowlight. But Rosenfels went 6-4 in those starts and averaged 7.5 yards-per-attempt, which indicates he knows Gary Kubiak’s offense well.

There could be a couple of issues here getting in Houston’s way. First, Rosenfels would be subject to waivers after he was released. A team like the Titans, for instance, could block the move by putting in a claim for Rosenfels.

The Dolphins would also have to be willing to play ball. They don’t have to release Rosenfels just because he wants it. Tampering issues could also be at play; Rosenfels is on Miami’s roster and any communication with the Texans at this stage would be against league policy.

Rosenfels was supposedly unable to play football for Miami, so they could chose to hold him to that if they wanted.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/28/sage-rosenfels-could-spin-back-to-houston/

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/0810/nfl.week5.photos/images/sage-rosenfels.jpg

LOL you know i was just thinking of the Texans signing back Sage. And other than that little picture you got where he's spins around in mid-air (which was hilarious yet embarsing) he was actually a pretty damn good back up. He knows the system well and I would trust him more than Yates right now. I just hope he isn't to rusty and he doesn't have anymore problems like the article says.

MarkBermanFox26 Mark Berman

Houston Texans to work out quarterbacks Jake Delhomme and Jeff Garcia on Tuesday

Good we need someone with experience rather than a scrub like Brodie Croyle.

Edited by Dash

AdamSchefter Adam Schefter

Former Panthers and Browns QB Jake Delhomme reached agreement with the Houston Texans.

I would have preferred Garcia (he was the favorite going into this workout) but when it comes to quarterbacks Kubiak knows his stuff so if the Texans signed Delhomme its only because they feel he is the better fit and he outplayed Garcia plain and simple.