Livingston Says His Knee Is Close To 100%

Shaun Livingston is getting a chance to resurrect his career with the Thunder.

Livingston suffered a serious knee injury in February 2007 and has been cut by both the Clippers and Heat since he began his return.

"I might not have the same quickness, lift and power that I had," Livingston told the Journal Star, "so I have to be a lot smarter out there on the court."

Livingston added that his knee is about 95 percent healthy, and his stamina is improving.

"I want to show people I can be the same player I was, and what I was turning out to be," he added. "I proved I can come back and play. Now it's a matter of, will I just be OK, or can I still be a major player in this game?"

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/60983/20090805/livingston_says_his_knee_is_close_to_100_percent/

You gotta feel for Livingston. He had so much potential to be a great PG with the Clipps. I really do hope he makes a great return with the Thunder as a good back up for Westbrook.

Agreed. he was supposed to have so much potential. im ready to see him suit up here in OKC.

as i have said on many other forums in the past about livingston, what was so great about him? everyone is saying that he had all this potential to be a great pg, but i ever saw was an average pg that was taller than most every other pg in the league. i doubt he would have been as great as people hype him up to be.

as i have said on many other forums in the past about livingston, what was so great about him? everyone is saying that he had all this potential to be a great pg, but i ever saw was an average pg that was taller than most every other pg in the league. i doubt he would have been as great as people hype him up to be.

I don't think that he was ever going to be an elite point guard or anything, but he would definitely have been a good, fringe All Star point guard if he reached his full potential. He has fantastic vision and playmaking abilities and his size at the point guard spot is obviously a huge benefit for him. His jumper was starting to come along and he is really crafty and creative with the dribble.

I don't think that he would've become as great as some people make him out to be and wouldn't be a superstar or anything, but I think that he would've become one of the better point guards in the league and would play in some All Star games during his career.

As for Livingston saying that he is healthy, I'll wait and see for myself. Players that suffer horrific injuries always claim that they are back to being completely healthy but when they step on the court you can tell that they aren't and are still worried about their knee or whatever they injured.

• Owner

I really hope he is healthy. I hate seeing guys' careers ruined by injuries like that. Danny Manning is one that comes to mind, after he won a National Championship for Kansas and went to the Clippers (ironically, it was the same team Livingston was drafted to).

As far as his potential, pre-injury, he could've been pretty good. I'm really not sure if there was an all-star guard in there or not, probably so, but I think people bought into the hype just a bit too much. He was like the old school point guard, a poor man's Magic Johnson. Livingston was this pure point that had the ability to play two other positions, and you don't see that often.

So, in my opinion...yeah, if his work ethic was there, he could've been an all-star. I'm just not sure about hitting greatness. Big shoes to fill, indeed.

As for his return, it would be nice to see it work out for him, especially on a young and talented Thunder squad.

• 1 month later...