Bosh Bulking Up?

Built Ford Tough

Found this pictures over at RealGM. It looks like Bosh put on some weight over the summer.

http://i.imgur.com/pdtn0.jpg

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_basketball_heat/files/2011/12/Chris-Bosh-blog-1.jpg

He isn't a tank or anything like that, but in comparision to last year, he is noticeably bigger. Supposedly he has put on 10-15 pounds.

This is great news for Miami fans. I'm not sure if anybody, aside from Raptor fans, remembered 2 seasons ago when Bosh added around 15-20 pounds in the offseason. He came out of the gates absolutely dominant and was arguably a top 5 player in the league and a legit MVP candidate for about 60% of the season. He averaged around 26 ppg/12 rpg/3 apg/1 bpg on 52 FG% from October to February.

However, he wore down during the course of the season and ended up losing much of the weight that he added and his numbers dipped in the final months of the season before he Jamison broke his face.

Obviously his numbers won't be as high as they were in Toronto given the talent around him, but if he is able to be the same kind of player during that 5 month stretech for the Raptors, the Heat are going to be a very, very scary team. The question is whether he will be able to keep on the extra bulk after going through the grind of an NBA season, especially one that will feature so many back-to-backs and 4 games in 5 nights.

• Owner

Better now than some other time. I wouldn't have been surprised if Bosh was thrown into a gazillion trade rumors this summer (if we had a summer). I know they just brought him in, but I also don't think the Heat want to wait too long, because Wade is getting old quick (or maybe I'm getting old quickly).

I can't say Bosh is a top three PF in the league, but he can bring enough to the Heat, in a trade, that would probably help Miami even more. Wade and James are scary together...just the duo. If they had the pieces around them, and holes were filled in the roster, that team is probably better.

The only thing is, for his sake, I hope he doesn't try and adjust his game too much. If he gets this idea that he needs to be a traditional, back-to-the-basket boss in the low post, I think it's going to hurt him when he realizes he'll have to go back to the old Bosh near the end of the season. Truth is, the Heat don't need that kind of offensive player, unless the superstar duo is out of the game, and Bosh isn't skilled enough to cover all of that on his own.

Defensively, though, is where he has to improve. If he can stand his ground better, and take into consideration just how important an extra 10-15 pounds of muscle is on that end of the court...that's a bad deal for the East.

Bosh wasn't bad last year, he was just the third option. In games where Wade or Lebron were off, he was around to put up some big points. I don't think I have ever seen the three of them have an amazing game at the same time, but thats just because of the way the team is set up. Its like they take turns instead of splitting it up equally. In the playoffs it was clear when we were trying to get Bosh involved, also very clear when we weren't trying to get him involved.

Edited by SRV