Dalembert prefers to sign with Houston

Dash

Dalambert told FOX Sports Florida last week three teams he’s targeting are the Heat, New York and Houston. It sounds as if the Rockets, with a gaping hole at center due to the retirement of Yao Ming and plenty of money to spend in free agency, are his preference at this point.

“Houston, that one is the best," said Dalembert. He later added, “I’m interested in the Rockets. They have a good team over there, a running team."

http://www.foxsportsflorida.com/12/05/11/Free-agents-Salary-cap-hurts-Heats-appea/landing_heat.html?blockID=619990&rhsts&feedID=3722

While Houston may be his top choice, it doesn't seem like the Rockets would be offering more than a one year deal. And last we heard was that Morey and his staff don't have any interest in "settling" for Dalembert.

Also its most likely that Houston may be his favorite destination just because we're the only team he listed that has cap space and he is hoping for a big payday knowing full well that we need a center.

Edited by Dash

I hope the Rockets aren't dumb enough to give Dalembert a big pay day. I don't mind adding him to the team but it would have to be for a bargain or a 1 year deal like you said but it doesn't seem like thats what he's looking for.

I hope the Rockets aren't dumb enough to give Dalembert a big pay day. I don't mind adding him to the team but it would have to be for a bargain or a 1 year deal like you said but it doesn't seem like thats what he's looking for.

Its doubtful that they do, Morey seems to be buckling up for the 2012 offseason.

Apparently the Rockets have expressed some interest in Dalembert.

No agreements can be reached until Friday and the Rockets would have to make salary cap maneuvers to sign either coveted center.They have also reached out to Samuel Dalembert and restricted free agents DeAndre Jordan and Marc Gasol.

http://www.chron.com/sports/rockets/article/Rockets-seeking-to-meet-with-free-agent-center-2346878.php?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter