Giants, Manning agree to 6 years, $97 million deal

fly3rs18

how is there no thread about this yet??

Eli Manning has agreed to a new six-year, $97 million contract extension with the New York Giants that will make him the highest paid player in the NFL with an average salary of roughly $15.3 million.

A person close to the talks who asked not to be identified says Manning is guaranteed $35 million under the deal that will keep him with the Giants through the 2015 season. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the deal was not signed and had not been announced.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-giants-manning&prov=ap&type=lgns

eli does not deserve this big of a contract. he is a good QB, but he is not even top 5 in the league. plus he always had plax to throw to, he is gonna do much worse without a great WR

but its always fun to watch the giants waste their money

but it is always fun to see the giants waste thier money

Holy [expletive] he won one of the greatest superbowls, maybe not a true leader yet (we still have yet to see) but he's pretty good qb, cut tha guy some slack.

Yes, he's a good QB. But not a great one... yet anyway. He won the SB with the help of Plax all season long. Now that he doesn't have him as an offensive threat I expect things to get much more difficult for Eli.

Yes, he's a good QB. But not a great one... yet anyway. He won the SB with the help of Plax all season long. Now that he doesn't have him as an offensive threat I expect things to get much more difficult for Eli.

We'll see. Giants arn't the team too wait it out either, I suspect if they realize they're lagging in the WR department they'll go out and get a quality receiver for Eli.

We'll see. Giants arn't the team too wait it out either, I suspect if they realize they're lagging in the WR department they'll go out and get a quality receiver for Eli.

Well, if that happens he'll obviously be closer to being worth that money. Maybe he'll live up to the huge expectations that have now been set by his contract, although I doubt it.

I think he lived up when he won that sb. Plax had an impact, but so did he.

dont make it sound like he won the superbowl for the giants. the giants defense won the superbowl and eli happened to be the QB. any average QB could have done what he did. he doesnt deserve this contract at all.

but im not gonna complain because now the giants wasted their money and have less money to go after an actual WR

dont make it sound like he won the superbowl for the giants. the giants defense won the superbowl and eli happened to be the QB. any average QB could have done what he did. he doesnt deserve this contract at all.

but im not gonna complain because now the giants wasted their money and have less money to go after an actual WR

:blink:

The catch? He's the one who threw it, and then hit up Plax the next play to go ahead.

:blink:

The catch? He's the one who threw it, and then hit up Plax the next play to go ahead.

yeah, he threw a [expletive]ty pass and the reciever got lucky and caught it with his head. if it was a good throw then it wouldnt have been known as "the catch"

and once again, plax is an amazing player, any QB can throw the ball up to him

This is actually the perfect contract for him, not to much not to less. After all he has a ring on his finger.

Matthew Stafford - 6 years $72 million, with $41.7 million guaranteed.

He has never thrown a pass yet in the NFL.and he is making more money guaranteed.

Eli Manning - 6 years $97 million, with $35 million guaranteed.

He has a a Superbowl ring and is getting less money guaranteed.

and stafford didnt deserve his contract either. the NFL needs a maximum rookie contract, it is crazy, and stupid, how much some of these top picks make

I agree. Way too many of them are getting contracts they don't deserve and haven't earned.

yeah, he threw a [expletive]ty pass and the reciever got lucky and caught it with his head. if it was a good throw then it wouldnt have been known as "the catch"

and once again, plax is an amazing player, any QB can throw the ball up to him

your forgetting the part where he avoided a sack .. if he didn't do that.. no throw, no catch.

your forgetting the part where he avoided a sack .. if he didn't do that.. no throw, no catch.

I'm not tying to take credit away from the catch, but it was more of the Audalius Thomas not [expletive]ing taking that [expletive] down, and Rodney Harrison trying to make a play on the ball and not knocking David Tryee on his [expletive]ing [expletive]!

It was more of a once in a lifetime catch than it was Eli Manning.

IF, the New York Giants didn't win that game, I think he would be getting a lot less than he is going to be getting paid.

I'm not tying to take credit away from the catch, but it was more of the Audalius Thomas not [expletive]ing taking that [expletive] down, and Rodney Harrison trying to make a play on the ball and not knocking David Tryee on his [expletive]ing [expletive]!

It was more of a once in a lifetime catch than it was Eli Manning.

IF, the New York Giants didn't win that game, I think he would be getting a lot less than he is going to be getting paid.

I don't live my life on "ifs".

But yeah we overpaid his [expletive].

Edited by GURU™

You guys gotta realize that people in professional sports get over paid all tha time, this isn't like world breakin news. Look at that Stafford contract, thats probably even more ridiculous considering he hasn't done anything in tha NFL. Just relax, ya it's bs what players get paid these days, but it's how it goes...

IF his last name wasn't manning then he wouldn't have gotten as big of a contract either. and he would be playing for the chargers