Spencer Hawes is back...

Phightins

Should be for the qualifying offer he had on the table, so what...$4 million?

Yeah, 4.1 I believe. At least it is only for one year. Since he will be a UFA after this season, maybe he will actually get his shit together and be decent. Wishful thinking probably.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been shocked at how good he looks out there in comparision to what he looked like last season.

He seems like a completely different player. I don't ever remember seeing him fighting so hard for rebounds or banging down low like he has. He has always had a solid jumper, but he has never stuck them with such regularity and had so much confidence in it.

His passing has surprised me the most, though. I did not realize that he was such a capable passer from the high post. He has done a fantastic job of hitting cutters and spot up shooters for easy baskets.

If he plays like he has through the first 4 games all season long, he will be a leading candidate for the MIP. His improvement is that substantial.

I've been shocked at how good he looks out there in comparision to what he looked like last season.

He seems like a completely different player. I don't ever remember seeing him fighting so hard for rebounds or banging down low like he has. He has always had a solid jumper, but he has never stuck them with such regularity and had so much confidence in it.

His passing has surprised me the most, though. I did not realize that he was such a capable passer from the high post. He has done a fantastic job of hitting cutters and spot up shooters for easy baskets.

If he plays like he has through the first 4 games all season long, he will be a leading candidate for the MIP. His improvement is that substantial.

BFT, meet Kyle Lowry