Toronto Signs Aaron Gray, Rasual Butler and Anthony Carter

WojYahooNBA: Aaron Gray has agreed to a one-year deal with Toronto Raptors, league source tells Y! Sports. (He's no Rasual Butler)

[quoteThe Raptors will sign veteran point guard Anthony Carter.

Carter finished the 10-11 season with the Knicks after being included in the Carmelo Anthony trade, but had been with the Nuggets since 2006.]

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/217325/Anthony_Carter_To_Sign_With_Toronto#ixzz1gAZWeGDt

And the scrubs keep on coming.

Colangelo should be done now, unless he has a trade planned or something.

I actually don't mind either of these signings, though. Carter is a nice veteran 3rd string point guard who could be a nice mentor of sorts to Bayless. Gray is another big body, but he will likely get a chance to play some decent minutes this season. I don't expect much of him, but it is certainly better than signing some scrub veteran. At least he is a young scrub.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, they signed Rasual Butler as well.

TORONTO — The Toronto Raptors have signed veteran free-agent forward Rasual Butler

The six-foot-seven shooting guard split last season between the Clippers and Chicago Bulls and started in a combined 47 games, mostly with L.A.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/wizards/toronto-raptors-sign-veteran-free-agent-shooting-guard-rasual-butler/2011/12/10/gIQAarkAlO_story.html

This was a move made after it was found out that Pietrus wouldn't be coming to Toronto, so basically the backup plan to Pietrus.

The odd thing is that Pietrus may still end up in Toronto but the Raptors, after this signing, have no roster space. Which means somebody is going to be waived or Colangelo has a trade in mind.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

:lol:

Have you heard ANYTHING about the Raptors trying to trade Bargnani? I haven't. I just don't get it.

Nope, and you probably won't until next summer at the earliest. Colangelo is going to spin the whole, "he is finally playing at his natural position, give him time" card.

As for the signings, Gray's is for 2 years with a team option for the 3rd. The other two are both for one year.